Phones ringtones will not work with Ford Sync

Dirtjunkie21

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 F150, everything works fine with the phone paired. Receive, place calls, receive text messages. Listen to Pandora via Bluetooth. But I cant get sync to recognize my ringtones when the phone rings. All I get is one of the default Ford ringtones. I am "thinking" maybe this has something to do with where the ringtones are stored, maybe phone vs SD card. My old HTC Inspire worked flawlessly. I have scoured the interweb trying to find some help. Cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I know this might not be a big deal, but I cant stand something that doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 F150, everything works fine with the phone paired. Receive, place calls, receive text messages. Listen to Pandora via Bluetooth. But I cant get sync to recognize my ringtones when the phone rings. All I get is one of the default Ford ringtones. I am "thinking" maybe this has something to do with where the ringtones are stored, maybe phone vs SD card. My old HTC Inspire worked flawlessly. I have scoured the interweb trying to find some help. Cant find anything. Any help would be appreciated. I know this might not be a big deal, but I cant stand something that doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thank you.

Have you tried moving your ringtones then? If they are on your SD card, it wouldn't be a bad idea to move them to your internal storage anyway. When I had my S3 and my tones on my card, whenever I removed it, I had to reset the tones because the path was broken. All that stopped when I kept them in my phone.

Dirtjunkie21

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have moved them to a folder on the phone, no help. Still not sure it is in the right path but the ringtone works on the phone so I am at a loss. The funny thing is that it worked fine with my old HTC Inspire, I figured with the advancements and popularity of this phone it would have been researched by Ford and Samsung to operate smoothly.