Pixel 3 screen visibility in bright light, is there something I can do to help me see?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've always had a problem with the Pixel 3 visibility in bright sunlight. I've been spending a lot of time outdoors lately, and the problem is really getting on my nerves. I have the screen in maximum brightness.
Is there an accessory that can be used to help with the problem? I'm looking for any suggestions. Thanks.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, I've found most screens other than my Kindle Paperwhite hard to view in bright sunlight. I just generally try rotating my body to cast shade on the screen. That does not work when I want to face certain scenery and the screen is in the sunlight.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just an aside -- if the phone is mounted on the dash in direct sunlight for any significant amount of time, make sure it's constantly being cooled. Phones can overheat really quickly in a car mount, due to the combination of the heat from direct sunlight and the heat generated by the phone (usually from active navigation).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just an aside -- if the phone is mounted on the dash in direct sunlight for any significant amount of time, make sure it's constantly being cooled. Phones can overheat really quickly in a car mount, due to the combination of the heat from direct sunlight and the heat generated by the phone (usually from active navigation).

Agree. Mine is on a vent magnet mount and mostly gets cool A/C.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Adaptive Brightness would be any better - it may crank up your brightness to maximum, as well. What about things like changing colour saturation? Brightness outdoors is often a problem for me too!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac