Pixel - Signal dropping (Update: Google Knows)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Signal dropping

Did you guys migrate your sim from another device? Do you have Play store pixels or Verizon Pixels?

I have had no issues with dropped calls or LTE giving out on my Verizon pixel. I did not swap sims, i activated the one that came in the phone. I'm obviously not dismissing that theres an issue since there seems to be quite a few people with a problem, but maybe there's a pattern?
FYI.. I have a Verizon variant with sprint service. I have not had calls dropping.... I just changed my setting to LTE only because I need to drive to a few questionable areas today before deciding if I'm keeping this phone. (BB return window ends Monday)

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I just fail to believe this would not be a Verizon issue . I have three days left to make up my mind about keeping it or getting something else if someone doesn't address this pretty quickly

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just fail to believe this would not be a Verizon issue . I have three days left to make up my mind about keeping it or getting something else if someone doesn't address this pretty quickly
That's a tough decision. I'll be keeping mine, I'll try and stick it out. Plus I bought mine from someone on Craigslist

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I have experienced dropped calls, I'm on my second Pixel XL. Second phone is know better than original Pixel XL, I think HTC has crappy antennas. Wish Google would have choose a better cell phone manufacturer.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Verizon installed the sim before sending it to me, brand new. Though I have seen that notificiation No Sim installed. It is installed. And it even occasionally works.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got a replacement from my local Verizon tonight and did not see the sim card error at all in the two hours I have had it. Maybe this is something positive. Test for me will be on my way to work tomorrow as I know the areas where I would go down to about 1 bar but on my way home from Verizon tonight the signal was pretty strong and constant so we will see. I'd really hate to dump this phone for something else because I am sure once the problem finally gets resolved it is going to be a kick !@# phone.

All the working Pixels in Verizon had full bars, but they were all on wi-fi I noticed

Jace18

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
My pixel's been dropping calls more and more. I got a new sim yesterday and decided to factory reset it after i got the new sim put in. Unfortunately, this morning...dropped call. I called back into verizon and they said that I did all the troubleshooting. My replacement should arrive on Monday. Before I got the new SIM, i also reset the network settings.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Just read a number of entries on XDA and reddit Pixel forums and this is an issue on any number of phones across a lot of carriers. It is not a carrier issue. Someone who contacted Google said they are aware and said they were investigating and working on a fix.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
That is because there is still an issue so what you have is probably a pixel from the early batches as it's been reported Google is still working on this issue so nothing has been done

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I got a new one last night too. My sim card error is not present in this one but signal and 4g lite still no different at least this one recognized my sim card