Please help with Wakelock issue

TheCROW163

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,
Since I updated my S5 Exynos to Lollipop I've been experiencing a bad battery performance.
When checking the battery menu in settings, I noticed that "Android OS" is keeping my phone awake all the time. In fact in the consumption screen I can see that the awake bar spans all the screen.
Since I'm not rooted, I installed the Wakelock Detector PC app and checked the kernel wakelock screen. Here's what I got after just after just 3h33min off the charger and sitting idle with no calls or texting.
Anyone knows how to solve this? I notice the top 3 processes are preventing my phone from sleeping most of the time.
I'd like to solve this, if possible before resorting to factory reset. Thank you All kindly for your help.

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,
Since I updated my S5 Exynos to Lollipop I've been experiencing a bad battery performance.
When checking the battery menu in settings, I noticed that "Android OS" is keeping my phone awake all the time. In fact in the consumption screen I can see that the awake bar spans all the screen.
Since I'm not rooted, I installed the Wakelock Detector PC app and checked the kernel wakelock screen. Here's what I got after just after just 3h33min off the charger and sitting idle with no calls or texting.
Anyone knows how to solve this? I notice the top 3 processes are preventing my phone from sleeping most of the time.
I'd like to solve this, if possible before resorting to factory reset. Thank you All kindly for your help.

View attachment 180101View attachment 180105View attachment 180106

I had that pop up the other day. I did a cache wipe and updated the Android System WebView and it stopped.

TheCROW163

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for replying;
The thing is I already wiped the cache partition from recovery menu and updated Android Webview in the last couple of days!