Possible cause for Evo 3D Screen glitch

mjoecarroll

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that a lot of people (myself included) have noticed that their Evo 3D has some sort of a screen glitch where a "phantom touch" appears on their screen randomly.

Recently I've noticed that, quite often, when I am trying to turn the screen off and on (the only method to get it to stop), the touch actually stops right before I press the button. After experimenting a little, I found that touching the aluminum siding on the screen will actually stop it about a third of the time, especially when you touch it on the spot directly vertical or horizontal to the glitch.

Has anyone else tried this and had it work on their phone?

GCarr78

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had this problem for ages now! It's like the screen acts up all on it's own!

I find hitting the power button (to lock the screen) and then unlocking it seems to free up the screen, but it always repeats itself eventually. Texting, swiping, selecting an app... and even WORSE, when I'm on a phone call nad the screen locks up when I go to hang up! So I'm stuck on the call, I literally have to shut the phone off for the call to end.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

danamdixon

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue on and off for months. I don't know if this is an issue for you, but the fix for mine was heading back to the store and whining like a baby. Eventually they looked at my phone long enough to figure out the issue. It was an issue with the little plastic stem under the power button on the case itself. It had somehow gotten bent a tad and would rub the internal power button constantly. This caused he intermittent screen freak out, it was the constant half in half out position of the internal power button. Again, whining, complaining, everything in my portfolio....they replaced the case and the sucker seems to work fine after that. Unfortunately this was months ago, not sure how much luck you would have at this point if it is the same issue for you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod