Visit site
6029e74f.jpg

what skin for BW is that?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks to you srh.pres.usx..

I would have clicked the thanks button but I couldn't find it.

It's absolutely beautiful (words not strong enough!) Thanks again!

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I have started using ADW and I love it. I love the pinch to show home screen thumbnails. It makes using 7 screens easier. And I like the action bar at the bottom better. And the screen jump buttons are great.

@46caliber - I'm new to Android and have recently transitioned from the Droid Eris to the X. Looking for a better launcher/home screen and noticed you like ADW.Launcher....but I believe the DX are running 2.1 and Appbrain is indicating ADW is only available for 2.2 devices. Do you have a different version?

tech42er#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure that ADW.Launcher is also available for phones running 2.1, but I'm personally using LauncherProPlus (love the extra widgets and scrollable dock!) and when I tried ADW, I believe I got it from the Market.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Tried the LauncherPro Plus (paid unlock of the free version). Caused some weirdness after installed. I would advise folks to clear off their home screens before loading the LP+. It zaps whatever was there anyway, but in fact, the original screens aren't gone. They re-appear if you uninstall LP+.

When LP+ is added, some of the widgets don't work right or are extremely slow - for example the Moto widget "Contact quick tasks", which I use for all family members. I'd guess the fact there were a bunch of these on my original home screens and then another bunch added to the LP+ home screens caused conflicts.

Ultimately, I uninstalled LP+ (sadly, I have to add). Loved the 15-icon revolving dock and all the customization that was possible, including the number of home screens. Might try again later, but if I do, it will be with clean home screens to start. Hopefully, this will make a difference. Otherwise, though, the app functioned very well.

Also, the app Extended Controls has been absolutely terrific! I built two 1x4 strips with all sorts of handy customizations and used the colorful Moto widgets for the basics: Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS and Airplane mode. Now using a whole screen as a "control panel."

If anyone finds a screenshot app, please post. There are several for the BlackBerries, but so far as I can see, none for the DX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Intellect works