Power Button CRACK? Check your phone!!

Do you have a crack at your power button?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

berrymods

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got it too. Noticed it a couple days ago. I even have a fine crack on the right side going from the bottom edge of the volume button to the screen. Never been dropped either. I also don't use a case. Probably just the weakest points in the molding.

I just noticed the same crack!! Crap!!

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep...me too.

Just saw a thread about this over on goodandevo.net and came here to see if this was a known issue. Lo and behold, i have TWO cracks at my power button, one on each side, one crack at the bottom of the volume rocker, and one in between the charger and HDMI port. They're small, hairline cracks, but they are definitely occurring where the plastic frame moves between wider and narrower sections. I have no cracks in any location where the frame is at it's widest...only around where the buttons/ports are located.

I have a Zagg screen protector only, no case, and my phone has never been dropped. I baby this thing and I'm disappointed to see this apparent design flaw. I also have light leakage/screen separation below and to the left of my home button. I guess this is karma for going over a year with my Pre, having no hardware issues...it's catching up with a vengeance.

aquanash

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same crack near the power button. I also just checked and I have two more cracks on the plastic that run up towards the screen, one on each side of the phone. One of them is at the impact site where I dropped my phone (on cement :eek:) and the other is about a quarter inch below the volume down button.

Granted I dropped my phone I understand how that crack occurred, but I've been extremely gentle with my phone otherwise. This shows that the shiny plastic that goes around the phone is pretty weak/brittle so you need to be extra careful if you don't want it cracking.

My phone also came, out of the box, with two dead pixels and the backlight leakage (at bottom left of screen) issue. I've had it for over 30 days, so I'm going to wait awhile to get an insurance replacement in hopes they will eventually work out some of these hardware/quality issues in a future revision.

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my phone and I have the EXACT hairline crack as the op pictured. You really have to look close and have a good light to see it though. I hope it doesnt become worse overtime like the pre and the crack from usbdoor.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough the poll over at XDA has a much higher percent of people with this crack. Perhaps because my post was before many people had developed the problem....

Their current results are
No Crack - 319 - 66.88%
Yes Crack - 158 - 33.12%

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough the poll over at XDA has a much higher percent of people with this crack. Perhaps because my post was before many people had developed the problem....

Their current results are
No Crack - 319 - 66.88%
Yes Crack - 158 - 33.12%

Possibly. Your poll did come out nearly 3 weeks before the XDA poll. And we have no clue as to how many people who voted NO here have it now.

slideways

May 18, 2010
Visit site
same here, right in line with the volume down rocker. Not sure I'm worried about it at this point, unless it develops into a larger issue.

cptbackfire7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I looked at mine and didn't see anything and voted No in the poll. Then I was going through some random forums and looked closer at my phone and noticed the crack. So even though I voted "No" in the poll, I do have a crack coming from the power button.

On another note, I never noticed until I was reading forums but I ALSO have dust under the screen in the top left corner. So frusterating since i'm definitely very picky about my stuff. This phone has NEVER been dropped or treated roughly. I want to go to Sprint and see if I can get a new one but just really can't stand trying to plead my case to the employees there.

I absolutely baby this thing. I've used a case about half the time, but I don't like using them because it seems like more dust builds up underneath the case. If I don't use a case, then I don't get that build up of dust.

cptbackfire7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday I went to a Sprint store to ask them about the dust under my screen. With no questions they told me they could replace the screen. I was a little nervous that they would do something to make it worse or i would get some tech who didn't care and would put it back together bad. Well I got my phone back and it's like brand new. No dust under the screen. No cracks by the power button. The whole front part of the phone is brand new. I was very pleased. I feel like i don't have a faulty device anymore!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans