Power Down and Don't Charge Note 7 per The Consumer Product Safety Commission

Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Think of it this way... people getting on CPSC case but they want to get all the exploding phones out of consumer hands as much as anyone else. And now that the world knows they are in charge, the longer they take, the possibility a phone explodes and someone gets hurt and at that point all blame goes to the CPSC for taking so long (unless the then blame it on Samsung lol), That's why in another post I said I'd be surprised if replacements weren't being given before October 1st.

Unfortunately I think the blame would fall on the user, they were told to stop using the phone due to potential hazards. If they continue to use it then it's at their own risk.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I think it will majorly tank because even Apple is launching their phones Friday. So stupid on samsungs part no offense to them ...... while the rest of the world will get their new notes on Monday

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This just posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/government-finally-issuing-official-galaxy-note-7-recall-192733015.html

Note where it says you will be given a temporary phone until the new ones are ready. Doesn't sound like they are all that close to being approved.

Any mention of plans right now are speculation and/or original replacement/loaner options being reiterated. Definitive plans won't be announced until the official statement is given. Hang tight... Less than an hour to know.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I saw your yahoo link and it seems either new ones aren't ready or the lovely cspc isn't ready to let go of this and approve fast. Note how the article also mentioned other samsung phones exploding so that tells me that it may be another factor to add to this mess, even though those others are not note 7 phones. Last glimmer of hope I have is that our lovely cspc will say hey they are approved let's see at 4.15....if no time line is given or if it's taking months I'm done sadly

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I think it will majorly tank because even Apple is launching their phones Friday. So stupid on samsungs part no offense to them ...... while the rest of the world will get their new notes on Monday

Well, you know that once the government gets involved, all bets are off. As much or more than Samsung is to blame, is Consumer Reports asking the CPSC to get involved and the CPSC themselves. They hijacked a process that could have gone a lot smoother and likely will delay the whole thing by weeks if not months. Not to mention, since there is a new battery in the phones, from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't put it past the FCC to say, "Hey, you need approval from us too." No, it shouldn't happen because the battery should have nothing to do with RF, but I don't trust govt. agencies as far as I can throw them.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, you know that once the government gets involved, all bets are off. As much or more than Samsung is to blame, is Consumer Reports asking the CPSC to get involved and the CPSC themselves. They hijacked a process that could have gone a lot smoother and likely will delay the whole thing by weeks if not months. Not to mention, since there is a new battery in the phones, from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't put it past the FCC to say, "Hey, you need approval from us too." No, it shouldn't happen because the battery should have nothing to do with RF, but I don't trust govt. agencies as far as I can throw them.

It doesn't matter who contacted the CPSC first, they are legally obligated to get involved, regardless. That's the whole point of a Safety Commission. It would have been better for Samsung to go through them originally so they could have been involved from the beginning and saved us a week or so. Either way, it is what it is and nothing we can do but wait for the resolution.

ETA: They didn't need to be contacted, anyway. They have people reading Consumer reports (and other channels to gleen information) to stay aware of safety issues.. Daily.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I have to agree with you I am getting that vibe too. Also China was a perfect example of no failures of the note and battery was from different manufacturer.. so in essence they could have tested that piece and moved on so we can get our devices changed to the good note 7...

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
As I suggested in a different thread, maybe Samsung should move their battery production facilities to North Korea - Great Leader knows how to deal with this kind of screw-up! Those responsible will be executed by anti-aircraft cannons. Best Korea will now produce a nuclear-powered Samsung Note Un!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hapily02