Pre-order credit help.

TrevorV

Jan 31, 2021
Visit site
Hi!

Between three members of my family, we pre-ordered three s21 Ultra's through Verizon, with trade in promotions, and I have a few questions I could use some help with.

1. I've seen conflicting information on whether or not the $200 credit can only be applied to one order, some say any remaining balance is lost, some say Samsung has sent them separate credits for the remainder?

2. I've seen that it is supposed to be possible to apply multiple credit redemptions onto a single Samsung account. Would this have any potential problems down the line? Can you then use the full 600 at a single time or must it be in three separate $200 batches? Is there anything that the credit can be applied to that this would make sense to do?

3. Related to the last, I've seen people mentioning getting the new tablet for \~$70 after the $200 credit, what's the deal here and how?

3. I've also seen references to a student discount, does this only apply to preordering the phone itself through Samsung, so not applicable to me since it was done through Verizon, or can it be used on ordering items with the $200 credit as well?

4. References to a $50 pre-order bonus credit also, best I can tell it was for pre-ordering through Samsung at some point, and so not applicable to having done it through Verizon, but want to make sure.

5. Beyond all this, apparently only certain items can be purchased with the credits, but as the credit has yet to come through I haven't been able to find a exact list of what is eligible, cases, chargers, earbuds for sure, but anything else? Conflicting information on whether watches are eligible and which ones. What would you recommend?

Thank you!

rcab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought using T-Mobile two S21. I put both codes in to use the combined $200 credit in buying my wife a Samsung watch on shop.Samsung.com.

rcab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen anything from Samsung on the credit yet. How and when did you get the codes.
I posted in another thread how I did mine. I bought from T-Mobile. Once I received my phones I went to the shop.Samsung app and entered the iemi numbers. I later got the 2 codes. I used the codes to purchase a watch paying the difference

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I posted in another thread how I did mine. I bought from T-Mobile. Once I received my phones I went to the shop.Samsung app and entered the iemi numbers. I later got the 2 codes. I used the codes to purchase a watch paying the difference

I have entered my IEMI numbers on at Samsung.com several days ago but so far no credits. Not sure if I need to do anything else at this point.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have entered my IEMI numbers on at Samsung.com several days ago but so far no credits. Not sure if I need to do anything else at this point.

I posted on a different thread. I received my VZ purchased phone on the 28th. I submitted all my information using Shop Samsung and I have yet to get the samsung credits. I even called the promotions department, this morning, who confirmed receipt of my information and they said it would take 5-7 business days to hear back.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Its not the Samsung.com website. Its the shop samsung app from the play store.

Here is what I did to get registered. I may have left out a few minor details

Download and Install the Shop Samsung app from the Play Store.
Open the app and find the place to register.
Allow access to my contacts to get my name and address.
Scan the IEMI code from my box with the Store app using my phone. You can also simply enter it.
Take a photo of my Best Buy receipt.
Submit.
Register for the credit.

I had purchased two phone so when I was asked if I had another device to register. I said yes.
I had to manually enter the IEMI number and the Wi-Fi MAC address for the second phone and also provide a photo of the second receipt.

I don't remember how i got there but I ended up on the Samsung.com website on my computer where i entered my email address and was told to allow 24 hours to get my gift status.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got notified of acceptance but it also said credit will be delivered in 4-6 weeks, so now I just wait.

I haven't received any confirmation from Samsung as yet, hopefully soon. Didn't know about the additional 4-6 weeks wait for them to post it to the account.

chamomiami

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
i purchased two s21 on pre order from T-Mobile, as soon as i received i registered mine and after two days the credit code was on my email, tree days ago i did registered my wife one also on the APP Samsung shop, and they asked me for proof of the purchase and i send the order from the T-Mobile site and still under review.

billyjoebob007

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I ordered my s21 ultra 512 gb through samsung, i think they had said i was going to get an additional $100 credit to use on samsung store once i received the phone and activated it with my carrier. Anyone else hear of that too ?

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I did to get registered. I may have left out a few minor details

Download and Install the Shop Samsung app from the Play Store.
Open the app and find the place to register.
Allow access to my contacts to get my name and address.
Scan the IEMI code from my box with the Store app using my phone. You can also simply enter it.
Take a photo of my Best Buy receipt.
Submit.
Register for the credit.

I had purchased two phone so when I was asked if I had another device to register. I said yes.
I had to manually enter the IEMI number and the Wi-Fi MAC address for the second phone and also provide a photo of the second receipt.

I don't remember how i got there but I ended up on the Samsung.com website on my computer where i entered my email address and was told to allow 24 hours to get my gift status.

Samsung ended u sending me an email with a link to check on my credit. It took 3 days for them to approve it but still had no idea how to get the credit. I just go off of a chat with them that this is what I was told.

"Our team is working to send the code at the earliest. Upon approval, your Samsung Credit will be sent digitally to the email address you registered within 4 to 6 weeks. This is the maximum time frame, you may get it at the earliest.

Your Samsung Credit can be used towards the purchase of curated bundles, select products like Samsung TVs, gaming, accessories, chargers and more in the Shop Samsung app or Samsung.com."

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I received a confirmation email on 2/7 that I was approved. However, it also said that once the approval has synced I would receive further updates regarding the fulfillment status via email.

Haven't received anything else since.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I registered my Verizon s21 ultra with Samsung on Jan 30 and just received my $200 credit today. I bought the phone on Verizon's website.

A few days after I registered I was approved and it had said something about it taking 4-6 weeks to receive the credit, but I got it in about a week after approval.

I'm not about answers to the OP's questions though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe