Printing from Tablet

joyandme

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know how to print from the tablet and what type of printer you need.

I have an HP Photosmart C4780 wireless printer and can print from my laptop to the printer, but haven't figured out how to print from the tablet to the printer.

Does the printer have to be e-print compatible? Can you print wirelessly from tablet to printer directly without going through the cloud?

I need to decide quickly because my printer is out of ink and I don't want to buy more ink if I'm going to get a different printer. Can someone explain how you print from a tablet? (and cell phone?)

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The hp app only prints to e printers.
You could use cloud print if you have chrome on the network

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

gigigia

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well,have the HP app and the HP printer and when I try printing something it says that I need a Samsung printer. But I have the same app and the same printer for my note, which it's Samsung as well and I can print with the note (phone/tablet). Wired, right?

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use cloud print and / or print share. Just a reminder, the stock option to print only works on samsung printers. You will have to cut and paste what your printing to a new page as a workaround if you are not using any of the above mentioned apps.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

gigigia

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, Architect..I'm going to try printer share again.I actually installed it on my nook originally but I couldn't print with it so then I installed the HP print app since I have an HP printer and it worked. And later on, when I got the note, it worked there as well. It doesn't want to work with my Samsung tablet,I guess I'll try again thePrinter Share .

Last edited:

joyandme

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The only app that works on both my HTC Vivid and my Samsung Galaxy 8.9 is Printershare...with an HP Laserjet Pro 200 MFP. Worked like a charm until I did their upgrade and then my premium key wouldn't work..didn't recognize my printer. So they told to me revert to previous version and not update. Works fine again.

I am wondering about printing from an HTC Vivid via a USB cable directly to a photosmart printer. My son also has an HTC Vivid but does not have a laptop and wants to print to his photosmart printer from phone. Is that possible?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear