Priorities - Hoping For Improved Sound Quality On The S6

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Both the exterior speaker and the earpiece speaker on the S5 are mediocre - and that's being somewhat charitable. Samsung really needs to make dramatic improvements in both. This could really be a deal breaker for me if they don't.

In order of priority, what I'm looking for is:

1 - Toned down or eliminated TouchWiz (copy HTC's Sense software if you must...it's the best in the business and is buttery smooth)

2 - A camera that can equal or beat the iPhone in bright AND dark light without endless tweaking/adjustments

3 - Dramatically improved internal AND external speaker performance

4 - Metal uni-body construction would be nice but, in truth, I can't imagine using my phone without a slim case anyway so....not really that big a deal

5 - Removable battery...Again a bigger deal in theory than in reality....as long as it reliably gets through a 16 hour day I'm fine

6 - SD card expansion...Not a big deal at all, particularly if the base phone comes with 32 gigs with options to 64 and 128

Last edited:

siber storm

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
The metal unibody and nonremovable battery are all but confirmed through the million and one leaks. The microsd expansion may still be there. Even without an extra slot, the sim slot could house the microsd like some of their duos two sim phones. Just look at their recent a5 and a7 phones with all metal unibody and microsd for inspiration. I have never found the earpiece to be all that lacking. The speaker, however, will probably be mediocre since its a thin phone.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope the sound using headphones has been improved. The note 4 has greater sound from headphones than the s5 and it makes me sad.

Posted via the Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
One of the areas in which HTC absolutely kills Samsung in is the headphone output quality and speaker quality. The M8 had great audio output while the S5 was pretty average and quiet in comparison. I am hoping Samsung fixes this with the S6 especially since they are using their own in house Exynos chip and have the potential to use a Wolfram DAC with it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

siber storm

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
One of the areas in which HTC absolutely kills Samsung in is the headphone output quality and speaker quality. The M8 had great audio output while the S5 was pretty average and quiet in comparison. I am hoping Samsung fixes this with the S6 especially since they are using their own in house Exynos chip and have the potential to use a Wolfram DAC with it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Like i said, the thinner the device, the crappier the sound quality. The s6 will be the thinnest s phone to date. The speakers on the a3 and a5, which are sub 7mm phones, are awful. As an original note user, i have seen the fullness of the speaker drop each generation and thr note 4 is the tinniest. HTC has those gigantic bezels for a reason. You need space for good speakers. I see no reason for samsung to use a better DAC either since 99.9% of headphones will be of the $10 variety in which you wont hear a difference.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Like i said, the thinner the device, the crappier the sound quality. The s6 will be the thinnest s phone to date. The speakers on the a3 and a5, which are sub 7mm phones, are awful. As an original note user, i have seen the fullness of the speaker drop each generation and thr note 4 is the tinniest. HTC has those gigantic bezels for a reason. You need space for good speakers. I see no reason for samsung to use a better DAC either since 99.9% of headphones will be of the $10 variety in which you wont hear a difference.
While I generally agree with what you've said, I think it should be noted that iphones manage pretty decent sound quality (and volume) from phones that are essentially as thin as Samsung's offerings.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appcrunk