problems changing from standard to extend battery and back?

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought an extended battery for my Bolt and used it for a while. Then I just felt like a change one day and put the original battery (charged) back in and it stuck in a boot loop. Put the extended battery back in and it booted right up. It was like this every time for a while.

It was like this on various roms.

One day I decided to do a clean install of "your favorite rom here" and voila the normal battery booted right up and the extended wouldn't boot.

The way it wouldnt boot was that the white htc screen would come up and then it would restart. No getting into recovery or anything possible at all. Every blue moon it will boot.

Any ideas? I have since bought a sweet used rezound (that is freaking amazing btw) but would like to fix up my sweet old tbolt if possible.

I havent found anything at all online. I cant even get adb to recognize the phone when plugged into a pc now.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure cause I haven't changed out batteries since I got the extended, but I'll throw in the regular battery tonight and see what happens. I'll let you know.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure cause I haven't changed out batteries since I got the extended, but I'll throw in the regular battery tonight and see what happens. I'll let you know.

Don't temp fate..

:)

I really hope you don't have any issues.

Sent from my Venomized Rezound.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, related to flashing ROMS or possible hardware issue?

I'm rooted, but haven't flashed any custom ROM's (just an official stock RUU a couple times) and typically swap out for a fresh battery once a day (longer with extended) without any problems (mainly cycle through two 1400mAh standard, two 1620mAh Rezound, and occasionally one extended battery). :confused:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I switched out batteries with no problem. I even switched ROMs from BAMF Forever to Thundershed without issue, so I'm not sure why you're having the problem. Sorry, wish I could've helped.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to do it yet, but did you try flashing back to stock to see if both batteries worked?

Yeah. The one time I was able to boot into recovery I actually installed the most recent ota and unrooted the phone.

That one time, when it did boot, it felt like I was letting out the clutch on an old car or something and it just finally grabbed. Nostalgic for my thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skrifjar14