Problems unlocking phone

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
just got off the phone with ATT for the second time. I am trying to unlock my phone on att. I am out of contract and the phone is paid for. Making me eligible. . I followed att police and went online multiple times to complete the mandatory request form. When I enter the phones imei number it tells me the number is no good and won't let me go any further. I called att and filed a complaint and was told the complaint was approved and they have record of it. They said they would call back but never did.

I called back today after trying online again and getting the same error. . They said they could see where I called before and my complaint was approved and verified. They told me today that it is a website issue and not an issue with my phone or number. U said that's fine now unlock my phone. I was told they could not do that and they would have to fix the website so I could complete the request. I told them that was not except able and I wanted my phone unlocked. I was told the people that handle the Web page are the people who would have to look into it and they would have to call me back in 1 to 2 days. I am getting the run around and wondering if others have dealt with this?
Typed on phone. Sorry for errors

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If your on a two year contract they won't unlock the device until you get near the end of the contract. My Note 3 didn't have any issues with unlocking through att but I'm under the att next program and my phone is almost paid in full.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
After I bought my new G3 I called AT&T and talked to a normal tech.
I told him I need my old phone unlock code and he gave it to me.
That simple no run around and I never filled out the form on the website to request the unlock code.

This is not something a web tech has to work on and any rep for AT&T can help you.

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I am off contract. I just got a call back and was told due to the fact I did not buy the phone at an att store they can not unlock it. . It is an att branded phone I bought used from someone. They said I have to go through a 3rd party to unlock it. But att will not. . Wtf

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am off contract. I just got a call back and was told due to the fact I did not buy the phone at an att store they can not unlock it. . It is an att branded phone I bought used from someone. They said I have to go through a 3rd party to unlock it. But att will not. . Wtf

Since you did not buy the phone from them either at a store or online, they do not have to unlock it for you.
You can pay someone online or on ebay to get the unlock code.
The price is around $3-10.

The only way to get it unlocked by AT&T is if the original owner calls them, that's if the account is still open or if he has the account info.