Promo on Google Fi. How to make this work?

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
I recently purchased a Moto G Power at the end of October on promotion for $99. At that price this phone is an absolute steal. Aside from the camera, which is pretty weak, it's fantastic. I have zero issues with it. The promo stipulated that I had to activate the G Power within 30 days of shipping and keep it active for 90 days (three billing cycles), otherwise I would be charged the remainder ($150) of the regular cost of the phone which is $249. Today I noticed that Fi is offering the Samsung A71 5G on promo for $249 and I was intrigued. I've had my eye on it for awhile in that beautiful onyx colorway.

The problem is, for the $249 promo to be honored, I'd have to activate it within 30 days and keep it active for 90 days, or pay the full price of the phone which is $600. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my Fi account and I'm totally happy with the device I have now, but I'd like to take advantage of the promo while I can. Would I be in violation if I added a second line to my current plan, purchased the A71 5G at the promo price, activated it within 30 days with a new number, then keep it active for 90 days? Eventually putting my current SIM in it and using it as my daily driver and cancelling the second line? I'd assume as long as I'm paying for all that I should be fine, but I don't know the details. Some clarification would be really helpful.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As long as you pay for the second line you're within the terms.

Now you have me thinking... I grabbed the 4a 5G on the promo deal and had been considering the S20+. The S20+ is almost on a can't pass deal but I'm tied to the Pixel for 2 months.

Work out the math - you MIGHT save more money by "referring" your second account, both lines will save $20.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
So you like theMoto G power for the price? It's currently free on Fi and was thinking to get it as a backup device. I would just have to activate within 30 days and keep active for 30. I was worried it would sluggish and hard to use as my main device for a month. Glad to hear that it may not be that way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards