Protected Apps on Froyo

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just so that everyone is aware... using the leak has blocked access to protected apps (tapatalk, autostarts, ect..). I've seen this already on other forums but no solutions yet.

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
There is a possible fix. Supposedly the eris market fix app (in the Market) will fix this issue... If anyone tries it, let us know what happens (i.e. are protected apps available and are 2.2 only apps available).

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Eris Market Fix worked for me without any of the possible video playback issues people are experiencing when modding the build.prop to enable the full market

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The video playback issues are because people are using build.props with the market fix that also have the stagefright changes.

I can confirm that I made the change to the ro.media.fingerprint or whatever it is in the build.prop, left stagefright alone on false, and everything works perfect again. No missing apps, no bugged videos. To me thats the most clear fix for this issue. One less app to run (especially since its designed for the Eris :p)

El Poblano

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've posted the fix... please dl Eris market fix . You need to be rooted to fix.

Application name: Eris Market Fix

Application size: 168KB

Download it on Market: http://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.erismarketfix

I was talking with someone on another forum who said this didn't work. Plus you may miss out on 2.2 only apps or droid x only apps. You need the fingerprint to correspond to your specific device to avoid problems. Plus before this mod came out I attempted to use the nexus fix, and can personally say that having a modified build.prop that isn't intended for the device can cause big problems.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Also I just dl Google speech that is only a2.2 app.
Well chrome to phone is a specific. 2.2 app and i can see it.
My X is running awesome have no problems its fast and smooth.

Last edited:

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I applied the Eris fix a bit earlier today. Can that be undone? I'd rather go with the build.prop fix that was posted.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
destinyraine