Purchasing N6 via T-mobile but for int'l use(??)

Victor Santos2

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Not from the US and I plan to buy N6 from T-mobile via a friend living in the US. I've read that the T-mobile version is unlocked and bloat free but are the network bands ok for int'l use?
Another question...
I know it requires a contract plan but is there a leeway to this?
[Besides purchasing from Playstore and Motorola that is]

I'm thinking of purchasing it with the SIM Starter Kit just for the sake of getting a plan then using my friend's details for checkout process.

Would that work as well?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Not from the US and I plan to buy N6 from T-mobile via a friend living in the US. I've read that the T-mobile version is unlocked and bloat free but are the network bands ok for int'l use?
Another question...
I know it requires a contract plan but is there a leeway to this?
[Besides purchasing from Playstore and Motorola that is]

I'm thinking of purchasing it with the SIM Starter Kit just for the sake of getting a plan then using my friend's details for checkout process.

Would that work as well?

US version will work internationally for voice and data but you may not have 4G LTE data in some international countries. best to buy the appropriate version of the Nexus 6 for your home country. there are two versions - US and International. what is your home country?

doubleblack

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Gekko is correct for best international experience, for most countries, you will want a different version. However if you do end up buying one from T-Mobile you can get a prepaid card for $50 and qualify for purchase - don't need to setup a full postpaid plan.

Victor Santos2

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Thx, from the Philippines. Nexus phones are pretty much unknown here sadly so there are currently no plans for a local release

Current bands here are:

2G capabilities: GSM 900, GSM 1800
3G capabilitie: UMTS 850, UMTS 900, UMTS 2100
4G capabilities: LTE 850, LTE 1800, LTE 2100