Push notifications finally on FB!!!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
According to the website some people have had delays of up to 60 minutes when they first set up an account. I had the same thing, I'll try it again in about an hour.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So I installed the app last night and got a comment to one of my posts and no notification got pushed to my phone. Do you have to have notifications enabled on the FB app? I thought the purpose of this new app is so you don't have to have notifications enabled and you can say battery life.

Anyone else having problems?

Sent from my DINC using Tapatalk

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
'
So I installed the app last night and got a comment to one of my posts and no notification got pushed to my phone. Do you have to have notifications enabled on the FB app? I thought the purpose of this new app is so you don't have to have notifications enabled and you can say battery life.

Anyone else having problems?

Sent from my DINC using Tapatalk

This app just got published to the public. Give them time its still beta

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I also noticed that the app kept trying to tell me I had “25 new wall posts”. Every time I cleared it, it would come back. I also wish it would open up the stock app and not the website. I had to uninstall it for now because it kept pestering me about the wall posts thing, but I’ll keep an eye on it for future releases, hopefully they get some of these things fixed.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I am a little leary running face book through third party. Those push notifications are tempting me big time.

dmoney17

May 13, 2010
Visit site
With the new FB update that brings in Chat and Push Notifications, this app is now useless. I will be uninstalling and hoping the new FB push notifications work properly. I will keep this one on my radar though.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
With the new FB update that brings in Chat and Push Notifications, this app is now useless. I will be uninstalling and hoping the new FB push notifications work properly. I will keep this one on my radar though.

the new facebook has no push its push for the chat only!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow