Question About Upgrading In Person... Account Managers?

Clancy3434

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok... so technically speaking my VZW account is in my wife's name because she gets a discount, but I am listed as an "account manager" on the account. Never had a problem upgrading online or dealing with things on the phone... what about in person? If I go to the VZW store friday morning, as a person listed as the account manager... will I run into a problem? anyone have any similar issues?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it will be an issue. I had those privileges when I was on a family plan. I bought a LG Dare and added data without my parents being present. I'm on a solo plan now, so I couldn't tell you if anything has changed in the past few years (about 3).

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok... so technically speaking my VZW account is in my wife's name because she gets a discount, but I am listed as an "account manager" on the account. Never had a problem upgrading online or dealing with things on the phone... what about in person? If I go to the VZW store friday morning, as a person listed as the account manager... will I run into a problem? anyone have any similar issues?

You won't have any issues. I've had to add people as account managers just so they could get a replacement phone in person.

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
they might ask you for the "account password" and/or the last 4 digits of your wife's social (SSN) when they process the upgrade for you in person. so i'd be prepared to have that info with you.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
they might ask you for the "account password" and/or the last 4 digits of your wife's social (SSN) when they process the upgrade for you in person. so i'd be prepared to have that info with you.

Yeah, I forgot, they may ask for the account password, but I doubt they'll ask for the last four of his wife's SSN. That's the whole reason they have account managers and the account password, because it's basically 2 levels of security.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality41