Quick question about USB Driver - a little help, please...

reyxlp

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
If I want to connect my HTC Incredible via USB cable to my PC, do I need to install the USB drivers that came on the CD from Verizon?

On my last phone (LG Dare) the Verizon CD launcher showed seperate options for either installing *just* the USB driver or installing VZ Access Manager.

I do not want to install VZ Access Manager, only the USB drivers for the Incredible -- and only if I need them to connect the phone to the PC via USB, if I don't and I can just plug it in, that's even better.

If you know, please share - thanks!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just install HTC Sync. That will have all the drivers you need.

And I assume you want this to use the Android SDK or something?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just plug your phone in your computer and windows should pick up on it.

Window's sees your phone has two sperate drives, one is the internal memory and one is the SD Card (If you have one installed.)

You don't need the CD to just copy and paste files on your phone.

1. Plug the usb cable in your phone and then in your pc.
  2. Windows should recognize it and automatically install the drivers for you.
  3. Then go to your phone and pull down the notification bar.
  4. Then click on "Charge Only".
  5. Change to "Disk Drive"
  6. That's it. Click on my computer and you should see them.

That should do it for ya. You can also go in the settings on the phone and make "Disk Drive" the default. Also some times with Windows 7 (that's what I'm using) I have to select "Disk Drive" in the notification bar (even though I have it set as the default) to allow windows to see my SD Card. Some times it wont see my SD Card has a "Disk Drive", after selecting "Disk Drive" in the notification bar it for some reason suddenly sees it again. :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos