Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
They're wrong. No simpler way to put it.

Radioshack's biggest problem in a nut shell, too many mis-informed employees. Too little communication.

10$ coupons:
Can be used on phones, can be used on anything really. The system even lets them on Laptops. Is the store suppose to? No.

Customer satisfaction steps above and beyond bendable rules at times though.

Limits of coupon:
Cannot be combined with other coupons.
Cannot be used with employee discounts.
Cannot be used for non physical merchandise. (Airtime, Gift cards, Rhapsody/Itunes)

Really there is no reason that the coupon should not work with the 20$ and the 15% discount.

The registers will most likely ring it like this:

1) HTC EVO $499.99
2) Instant rebates $-300.00
3) PreOrder Accessory Discount $-20.00
4) 15% off offer items (3 max) $xx.xx
5) Any other items $xx.xx
6) Survey Coupon -$10.00

the instant rebates and the $20 discount will apply seperate SKU's that dont act like coupons.

the bundle is a system forced price change.

Thus the coupon is the only actual "special discount" being applied.

Now that does not stop radioshack from stepping in and changing things. Its unlikely they will, as that coupon is one more opportunity for a customer to drop more money now and in the future.

Stores saying they cant use coupons on phone sales, stores saying no appointments, stores saying they cant buy outright, etc... simply wrong.

U r awesome, I took your note and talked to my local store guy. we made agreement to have it try tmr, even he still insisted that the coupon cant be used on phone purchase.

Again, thanks for last a few days kind help there, another 6 hrs left.

bparod

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! Im a Radio Shack associate, have been for 2 years. Just like everyone here im super stoked about this phone; cant wait to ditch my Tour! ;)

If anybody has any questions regarding our pre order process, sales process, or anything about the launch, fire away. Im happy to help any way I can, im that excited about this phone!

***Update***

I want to add this in for all those new to this thread. If your eligible before the first but after today and still having trouble, I am literally going to copy and paste this from our system.

Updated: Existing Sprint customers that are eligible for an upgrade prior to June 4 can participate in the pre-order process since the handset cannot be activated until June 4.
Updated: Customers looking to purchase the Sprint EVO 4G at the full unactivated retail cost ($499.99) can also PreOrder the device in store.

Thats in our notes about the EVO. If anyone tells you that you cant pre order even if you are eligible on June 1st they are lying.

Also, the $20 accessory credit does have to be used at time of purchase, sorry for any confusion. If we dont have what you want yet just grab a car charger, you have 90 days to exchange it.
I pre-ordered an EVO on day 1 from RS, but i didn't get a phone call from them and i couldn't call them today...i was busy. would they still have an EVO ready for me tomorrow morning. ????

bparod

May 7, 2010
Visit site
haha.. will not be doing that.. might give Tara a call tomorrow and ask her why at least 1 store in san diego is opening and others arent
Mr. Pepsi,
I pre-ordered my EVO at the RS in IB, but kind of bum i never got a phone call from them to setup an appoint, there store will be open at normal hours...ahhh. cant wait.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien