Random Advertising icon in notification

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This may be a long shot but when the indicator comes on and you long press the home button, is an unidentified app listed? You said it was in the notification line, when you pull this down, does it show what is flagging the indicator? Can you identify the app in Menu-Settings-Applications-Running services-Running?

I will try it next time it comes on

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had used addons detector before with the push filter and found nothing but I tried it again today (perhaps there was an update?) and it found "Bloat Freezer" as the culprit. I just uninstalled Bloat Freezer and hopefuly that will take care of my problem. Please continue to post offending apps.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have exactly the same problem, the screen flashes Facebook as the source, but im not certain if this is true. its a msg for an unclaimed iPad prize for being a Thunderbolt user. annoying!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded airpush and it said 2 of my apps were causing problems:
GpsFix and SketchMe

i deleted both apps. hopefully this will work.

deadon21628

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This was happening on my NS4G the last couple of days; i would get the star on my notification bar saying that I had an unclaimed prize. I never clicked on it so I'm not sure where the link would have sent me. Today, while it was still on my notification bar, I started deleting the last few apps that I had downloaded and the star disappeared after I deleted the app Stepbrothers Soundboard Deluxe by "OF A KING". All that trouble just because I wanted to hear the part about the 'old bull' :\
Hopefully that's the end of it!

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm.... I though I heard somewhere that Facebook just changed their privacy and advertising. I wonder, bet it is due to that change

Last edited:

x44plus

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Green plus igns in notebar,
Airpush finds DeltaAirlinesSkyMilesCalculator with the module - com.bighead.dlsmcalc1

All better after removal

-j

chemgoof

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a sea-something live wallpaper and when I started the program, it went to a spam ad. I uninstalled it and am waiting to see if it still pops up, but live wallpaper may be what is causing it