RE-POSTING : Samsung Galaxy S5 ; Brightness Screen Color Issue .. HELP

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
looking for abit of help .. Im not really sure what the hell is going on with my S5 ?

K , yesterday . The phone was working perfectly , after I plugged the phone to charge then this all started ( if your wondering ; the charger is the factory Samsung charger , came with the phone )

Yeahh ; I noticed after I left it to charge ! The screen had changed , it was like it had a yellow / greenish tint . I found out when I increase the brightness to full , the color goes back to normal but when I dim the brightness ; instead of going dimmer or darker , the color changes . There's a different array of colors , it starts of with dark green then to orange , red , dark red before finally dimming at a dark blue .. Its really pointless since I cant see **** half the time when this colors are there and who wants to view their screen in full brightness all the time .. Really desperate for some help ; taken it down to a local phone repair store ; they were clueless themselves , they said they could reprogramm the phone which I doubt will work ..

If you've recovered from this same problem with an S5 ; please help me out .. The phone is literally brand new ; just got exactly a week ago ! Its probably a hardware !

Help a brother out please !

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
They might be able to help you out in the Samsung Galaxy S5 forum.
Have you considered just returning it? You shouldn't have to worry about problems like that in a new device.

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
They might be able to help you out in the Samsung Galaxy S5 forum.
Have you considered just returning it? You shouldn't have to worry about problems like that in a new device.

Alrigght thanks ; I'll check it out after this .. I have considered returning this device , trust me .. But the fact , I'm on the other side of the world is why I can't .. But I'll try and take it into a Samsung store in Sydney to have a look !

Bought of Amazon ; picked up in LA ! Not sure but dont think theres any waranty just a 14 day return get cash back kinda thing ! So I'm pretty much stuffed when it comes to returning it ; all I can do now is just repair it ! :/

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I wish you every success. I hope they can help you in the S5 forum.
Also I wonder whether a Factory Reset would help. You've got some sort of colour adjustment in Accessibility in the S5, I believe? If that comes into it somehow, and has got messed up, a Factory Reset might just help.

westyy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I wish you every success. I hope they can help you in the S5 forum.
Also I wonder whether a Factory Reset would help. You've got some sort of colour adjustment in Accessibility in the S5, I believe? If that comes into it somehow, and has got messed up, a Factory Reset might just help.

Thanks mate .. Factory reset if thats what your asking ; yes I have .. I was so desperate to have this sorted out , I tried everything I could think of ! I even lost all my music in the process just because I thought there was something that could have stuffed up the phone through one of the recent downloads ..

From what I've gathered this could be a hardware problem more then a software one .. thanks for the help though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia