[Read Me First] Motorla Photon Tips, Reviews, Thoughts, and Issue

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!

Don't hesitate to ask a question. Our Android Central Advisors, Moderators, and half-million members are happy to help. Here are some resources.

Click the Getting Started button at the top of any page for step-by-step help with almost everything.

_ ? Backup ← Save your old contacts, calendar, photos, music, etc. and transfer to the new Android,

_ ? Setup ← Customize your new Android just the way you like.

_ ? Android Central Blog ← Daily News, Reviews, App Reviews, Help, and Device Info. (Twitter)

_ ? Palm webOS Users and BlackBerry Users ← Special resources just for you.

_ ? Applications ← Find the best of the 200,000 apps. Also see the Keyboards.

_ ? Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes ← Endless resources. See Wallpaper and Setup for help.

_ ? Rooting - Is it for me? ← See what Rooting is and why you might want to root.

_ ? Android Lounge ← Put your feet up and relax or check out the latest Rumors.

Finally check out the stickies in this forum and its subforums and the Android Dictionary. Thanks for being part of the forums!

Note: This forum is for owners and those interested in this phone. If you prefer other phones, please post your comments in those forums. See the Forum Guidelines.

Resources
_ ? Android Dictionary
_ ? Photon Support Group For Palm webOS Users
_ ? Phone Comparison - full specs on the top phones today.
_ ? Android Central: Motorola Photon 4G Specs
_ ? Initial hands-on
_ ? PhoneArena-Detailed Specs
_ ? Thisismyntext Hands-on
_ ? Engadget Initial Review
_ ? Motorola Official Page
_ ? Users Manuals - Sprint Photon User guide - Motorola
_ ? Sprint HTC EVO 3D and Motorola Photon 4G: specs comparison
_ ? Locked - may be a while before it can be rooted

Last edited:

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Read Me First] Motorla Photon Tips, Reviews, Thoughts, and I

Milo, you might want to add some Photon-specific stuff. For instance:

By default the Photon only shows battery life on increments of 10%. Some widgets, such as battery circle, get around that and show increments of 1%. (There's another one someone found that did that, too. But the widget you recommend for Android in general doesn't.)

The Photon comes with Motorola Media Link, and it's pretty easy to copy your photos and music from iPhoto and iTunes. (See my thread. I'll play around some more with music next week and see if I can get it to respect play lists.)

Some other stuff I will add as I think of it. :)

AllyBees

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for having all the reviews together. They're my favorite things to research when I'm thinking of a new phone.

Reactions: hokuSai101

gregbane16

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

hey guys I wanted to ask a question. So my dad just got the photon and he has this issue that i have never seen on an android phone or any phone for the matter. Everytime someone leaves him a voicemail he gets it through a text and it keeps telling him that his voicemail is empty. I have never heard of this feature and i was wondering if anyone knows how to turn it off. He is also coming from a blackberry idk if that might be an issue. If someone has an answer and can help me I would appreciate it.

dinubabear

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

There is an optional Service to translate voicemail to text. It is free for the first month only. It popped up with my first voicemail and I said no, so I have not seen that option again.

I think your dad accidentally signed up. He should call Sprint and quit before he is charged.

Last edited:

Rafaysamy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey i have a problem with my photon whenever im on the phone with headphones that have mic theres a hizzing sound in the back and they cant hear me, is there special headphones for photon or how can i fix my problem?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums