Reborn ROM: how to get MSL number

mrDude

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
hi all experts,
I am using Reborn ROM for my LG LS670 phone with sprint. I try to look for the MSL number by using logcat, connectbot, terminal emulator method. However, i fail to find it.

Could you please help me on how to find the MSL. thank a lot.

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if connectbot will work on our phones, but you can give it a shot. It worked on my wife's Samsung Intercept. That should get you your MSL also. It will save a call to Sprint. Sprint probably won't tell it to you. Just a word of warning... you can really mess things up with connectbot if you go mucking around in there. Get the MSL and get out. A tutorial can be found here.

mrDude

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
luckily i got MSL from sprint. I can see a big increase internet speed now. i can watch youtube very smooth on my pc by using hotspot. Before it was lagged. thanks a lot.
PS: somehow connectbot doesnt' work. after enter getprop ril.MSL and enter, it doesnt show anything

Last edited:

mrDude

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
After i have MSL number,i do folliwing steps:
. Dial ##3282#
. Enter MSL
. Go to Multimedia, select Edit mode
.Change all ports to 0.
.Done

Reactions: kcerica

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
luckily i got MSL from sprint. I can see a big increase internet speed now. i can watch youtube very smooth on my pc by using hotspot. Before it was lagged. thanks a lot.
PS: somehow connectbot doesnt' work. after enter getprop ril.MSL and enter, it doesnt show anything

I've been trying to get my MSL as well. I looked over the full resultes of the getprop command and the reason 'getprop ril.MLS" comes back blank is because there isn't a line containing ril.MLS in the results. LG's software must be different than other handset manufactures and hides the MSL from us and malicious software all too well.

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to get my MSL as well. I looked over the full resultes of the getprop command and the reason 'getprop ril.MLS" comes back blank is because there isn't a line containing ril.MLS in the results. LG's software must be different than other handset manufactures and hides the MSL from us and malicious software all too well.

I agree with tieungao35, just give 'em a call. That's how I got mine.

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
How did you ask them for it? I have an idea for an around-the-bout way of getting it but I'm curious if others have had luck just outright asking the rep for it.

Sparty73

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
How did you ask them for it? I have an idea for an around-the-bout way of getting it but I'm curious if others have had luck just outright asking the rep for it.

I just straight up asked. When they asked "why?" I told them it was to keep it in my records or some nonsense. They gave it to me right then.

If they give you a hard time, or won't give it to you at all, just call back and get another rep.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks in part to threads like these I was able to pull it on my own. Quite an adventure but it's doable with CDMA Workshop.

Last edited:

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Calling tech support worked, I just had to ask for the security code to do a dialer reset and explained I was told that was told by a prior rep that it is the best way to do a reset on the phone.
Now I have the 11115 prl installed and figured out a nice trick with Launcher Pro to change/force the roam settings without needing to install any other apps! Hello 3G roaming on VZN!
You just need to make a shortcut for the 'Field Tests' menu by long-pressing on the home screen -> Shortcuts -> Activities -> Service Programu [sic] -> Field Tests

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Calling tech support worked, I just had to ask for the security code to do a dialer reset and explained I was told that was told by a prior rep that it is the best way to do a reset on the phone.
Now I have the 11115 prl installed and figured out a nice trick with Launcher Pro to change/force the roam settings without needing to install any other apps! Hello 3G roaming on VZN!
You just need to make a shortcut for the 'Field Tests' menu by long-pressing on the home screen -> Shortcuts -> Activities -> Service Programu [sic] -> Field Tests
I just used Qpst and will try a couple of them out, right now I have it set at 1115, but have a couple custom PRL's to try . Just remember to much roaming on Verizon can get you accout canceled just like what happen to Nick7.

Last edited:

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just used Qpst and will try a couple of them out, right now I have it set at 1115, but have a couple custom PRL's to try . Just remember to much roaming on Verizon can get you accout canceled just like what happen to Nick7.

So that is what happened to him... I was perusing a thread on changing the PRL and he was rather flagrant in his use/abuse of forcing roaming, so I'm not surprised. I'm aware of the risks but it is worth it given how terrible Sprint's data reception is in my office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevenharvi