Recent apps button not working - Help

valerielyn197

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
My "Recent Apps" button isn't working so I'm unable to use it in order to cycle through the apps I have open. When I hold down the button it says the following "Recent apps does not support split screen view". I know I accidentally turned on the split screen view somehow but now I can't find how to undo it. I think once I figure that out my "Recent Apps" button will work once more.

If anyone knows how to help with this problem I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

JohnnyD90

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
My "Recent Apps" button isn't working so I'm unable to use it in order to cycle through the apps I have open. When I hold down the button it says the following "Recent apps does not support split screen view". I know I accidentally turned on the split screen view somehow but now I can't find how to undo it. I think once I figure that out my "Recent Apps" button will work once more.

If anyone knows how to help with this problem I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

I made an account just to try and help you lol. Get rid of your updated ok google app should be Google search. Once that is done make sure to go into its options and disable it. Re-enable Google search and hit update this should take care of the issue it worked for me.
People that tried turning off phone and back on said it only was temporary fix. I hope this helps.

Pendleton2363

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I made an account just to try and help you lol. Get rid of your updated ok google app should be Google search. Once that is done make sure to go into its options and disable it. Re-enable Google search and hit update this should take care of the issue it worked for me.
People that tried turning off phone and back on said it only was temporary fix. I hope this helps.

I had the same issue and that just fixed it for me too. At least for now. Thanks. Ps. This is with a galaxy s7 edge. Doubt that matters but just fyi

bhanu1212

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site

Hey, it didn't work for me. Is there any other way?

Ashley Wolfe

Mar 25, 2019
Visit site

Hey I've had the same exact thing for the past 3 hrs and finally just restarted my phone and then tried again and it fixed itself somehow!! Hope this helps!!

heyitschristian

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
Hey I've had the same exact thing for the past 3 hrs and finally just restarted my phone and then tried again and it fixed itself somehow!! Hope this helps!!

Hi, i have the same problem... I'm grateful coz it fixed your phone, Please! Please tell me what i need to do, i badly need to fix my phone.... Hoping for you to answer me as soon as possible...

dd42

Apr 10, 2024
Visit site
i made an account too just to say that I had the same issue with my square button disappearing on navigation bar and turning off the battery saver fixed it