Recent AT&T software update made it so I can't view, nor transfer files to & from my Note 5 anymore?

Magoichi

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Recent AT&T software update made it so I can't view, nor transfer files to & from my Note 5 anymore?

I'll try to be detailed as much as I can be.

At most a month ago, AT&T prompted me to do a software update on my Note 5. Fast forward to a few days later, when I wanted to transfer some music into my phone from my PC. I was unable since for some reason, all I see are multiple local disks and not all of my folders are shown. When I click into all of them, they're all empty and I knew something wasn't right. I tried restarting the phone but didn't work. I even messed around with the four USB settings that some of you here have talked about: (1. Transferring media files, 2. Transferring images, 3. Connecting MIDI devices, 4. Charging) but to no avail.

Lastly, I resorted to doing a factory reset on my phone and to my surprise, I still get the same problem which upset me.

I just find this odd because I was actually able to do so on my PC successfully (a Windows 10) with no problems and then after the update, it messed everything up.

I'm guessing this is a problem with the update? Anyway any form of assistance is appreciated. I'm at my wits end here...help.png

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Recent AT&T software update made it so I can't view, nor transfer files to & from my Note 5 anym

It might just be me, but I had similar issues when connected to USB 3.0.

Magoichi

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recent AT&T software update made it so I can't view, nor transfer files to & from my Note 5 anym

It might just be me, but I had similar issues when connected to USB 3.0.
Decided to try using a USB 2.0 cord (like the one that Playstation 4 controllers use to charge) and I can't believe it ended up working (for now), thanks.

However, I am curious /why/ is this happening though.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Decided to try using a USB 2.0 cord (like the one that Playstation 4 controllers use to charge) and I can't believe it ended up working (for now), thanks.

However, I am curious /why/ is this happening though.

You're welcome! Glad to know it's working

And go figure.. I'm not knowledgeable enough about that, sorry haha!