Reception quality in low signal strength area's?

andrewdisco

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I've got a HTC desire which JUST works where I am. I'm talking ONE little iddy biddy bar.

Does anyone know how well the NOTE performs in really low strength area's? would it be worse/better/same as the Desire ?

Any help muchly appreciated!!!!!!!!

recondoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I work out in the Permian Basin oil fields of remote west Texas and eastern New Mexico. With my HTC Inspire 4g, I constantly used a Wilson Booster unit and still had a large amount of dropped calls. I switched to the Note this hitch (I've only had it for a week and a half) and my Wilson burned out on my trip to work this time. I have had very few dropped calls this hitch. Still a few areas where signal strength is weak but not nearly what I was dealing with before. It could have been that I had a lousy phone before but this seems to be quite a bit better.
Doc

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I usually have one bar inside of the bunker I work in on base. Not really a bunker but a fallout shelter, and the Note allows me to talk as if I were outside.

MJC2717

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the note, just two weeks ago I traded in my iPhone 4S to get this bad boy...and when it comes to performance, no other device on the market (as of today - 4/18) is as fast, powerful, and all around smooth with an amazing UI/UX, as the new Galaxy Note.
I Conducted 65 network speed tests over an entire week, taking into account certain aspects, such as changing servers, as well as my indoor/outdoor setting, and time of day -
The Results of how the Galaxy Note performed on AT&T's 4G LTE network:
34.6 mbps - Average download speed
12.5 mbps - Average upload speed

This phone on this network is a powerhouse!!

Reactions: sag7392

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I live on Dartmoor, in the middle of the Moors. The Note pulls a stronger signal on than my old 4S, in fact strong than anything. I actually can get 3G instead of 2g. I talk for hours on 1 bar too.

Heskie

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I've got a HTC desire which JUST works where I am. I'm talking ONE little iddy biddy bar.

Does anyone know how well the NOTE performs in really low strength area's? would it be worse/better/same as the Desire ?

Any help muchly appreciated!!!!!!!!

I live in rural poor signal area. This Note replaces my former HTC Desire (and before that a Nokia N95 8GB) and it picks up a signal more quickly and holds it better. Friends and family visiting with a variety of phones (inc iPhones) and on various carriers do not enjoy as much success as my Note (which is on Orange UK).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Joeyosaurus

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I live in a very rural area of Appalachia. HTCs typically fail pretty hard in marginal coverage areas.

From my experience, you'll see improved signal strength with any Samsung phone over an HTC, but even more so with a Motorola or LG (yuck).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus