Recieved update on Galaxy S5 - can't determine what changed

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just received a software update. It stated several enhancements but nothing looks different and my software version hasn't changed in the About phone settings.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using AC Forums mobile app

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just received a software update. It stated several enhancements but nothing looks different and my software version hasn't changed in the About phone settings.

If you're on Sprint it's for wifi calling. If you're on AT&T it's for the YP app and Lookout Security.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Im very much aware. I just assumed that the update would have been the same as sprints

Since Sprint own Boost Mobile than it is the same. You should ne able to make wifi calls now. There are threads in this forum about wifi calling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Since Sprint own Boost Mobile than it is the same. You should ne able to make wifi calls now. There are threads in this forum about wifi calling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5
I got the update but its not included in the software. Maybe its one of those things that sprint has they do not allow with boost

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the update but its not included in the software. Maybe its one of those things that sprint has they do not allow with boost

Someone who knows more about this will see this thread and be of more help to you. I'm on AT&T so I'm not familiar with Sprint.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok. Thank you for all of the replies. I thought maybe the update didnt install properly :)

LadyEpic

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I received the update this morning as well. One thing I noticed as is the Power Saver icon is now viewable in the notification bar if you have it selected.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
One other thing.

Even though the big feature of the Sprint update is the Wifi calling, there are other enhancements under the hood (not visible). Security plugs, tweaks and whatever. Just because there is nothing all that noticeable, does not mean it is not worth it.

Debra Thomas

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got my phone last week and to begin with I could access S Voice by saying Hi Galaxy then it stopped. After on hour chat with a Samsung tech, remote access to my phone ...double tap worked but not direct voice still. She suggested a hard reset. It was 12:45 am by then and I told her I would take it in to U. S. Cellular instead. After the rep trying this and that she did a chat with Samsung and tried more things...still not working. Tech went to supervisor and was told that that was disabled in the new update...which I must I gotten the day after I got my phone. What the heck?? A lot of my motions and gestures do not work and after another chat today where I asked if maybe the update did something to them...I don't know if the worked to begin with as I'm just trying some of them today...,I'm about ready to give up. The tech was not helpful at all ...wanted to go through all the same crap I went through before...then told me to take the phone to Best Buy for them do flash the software again?? I told her I did not get the phone from Best Buy and the closest one is an hour away. Then she wants info from my phone to see about the warranty. Did she not read anything I wrote....IT IS A BRAND NEW PHONE WOMAN...DUH. I told her I would take it back to U. S. Cellular and get another phone. She then suggested I send it to them for repair....I told her no it is a BRAND NEW PHONE. I will take it to U. S. Cellular and get another one. She THEN suggests that I take it to my carrier for assistance.. WTF??? I just told her I was going to do that. Maybe I should get something besides Samsung.... Feeling very frustrated...