Recommend you check your new EVO for defects before buying it

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my EVO LTE from my local Sprint store yesterday, and I noticed when I got home that there was a very small nick in the screen near the center left edge. It wasn't a big deal, but since I noticed it with the light shining from my left side it was really bugging me. I know I didn't create this nick, since I simply drove from the Sprint store to my home and put the phone on my desk (I didn't have the phone in my pocket with keys or anything).

This morning I went back to the store and explained the situation, and they said since it was a cosmetic thing they couldn't swap it out for free. What they could do, is swap it for a fee of $32 (activation fee) when they get another shipment of EVOs. Now, this is a small nick but noticeable, so I decided to swap it out.

So my recommendation: Look over your EVO LTE before you leave the store just to make sure it doesn't have any nicks or any other visible defects!

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got my EVO LTE from my local Sprint store yesterday, and I noticed when I got home that there was a very small nick in the screen near the center left edge. It wasn't a big deal, but since I noticed it with the light shining from my left side it was really bugging me. I know I didn't create this nick, since I simply drove from the Sprint store to my home and put the phone on my desk (I didn't have the phone in my pocket with keys or anything).

This morning I went back to the store and explained the situation, and they said since it was a cosmetic thing they couldn't swap it out for free. What they could do, is swap it for a fee of $32 (activation fee) when they get another shipment of EVOs. Now, this is a small nick but noticeable, so I decided to swap it out.

So my recommendation: Look over your EVO LTE before you leave the store just to make sure it doesn't have any nicks or any other visible defects!

Call customer service and explain the situation and you should be able to get that credited back onto your bill ... It's a;ways worth a shot ... Be strong and don't take no for an answer.;)

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's actually pretty nice (jk), I used to work at Verizon and they would tell us to tell customers that we couldnt swap it out under any circumstances as we could not verify the scratch/nick wasn't done by the customer. In other words, the presumption was that all of there devices were flawless from the factory. That is a bs policy for the honest customer.

I suspect the only reason is because the device is in high demand and they only set aside a few units for real hardware issues, not cosmetic. Not saying your issue is not important but you can live with it for now until they get more in stock. As the previous poster mentioned, I would try to get the fee credited back or next time, explain that you understand that its cosmetic but you still want it replaced and are willing to wait a few days/weeks until stock is replenished. Usually if you speak to a store manager, they will put it in writing for you and let you come in at a later date, even if its past your return policy period.

Reactions: YvesStLawrence