Recurring bootloop problem now seems to be unfixable

b625

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,

So I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL running on Android 5.1 Lollipop that I got from MetroPCS in February 2016. It has been pretty much my only phone since then, since I haven't been able to get a new one but I've found really no need to until now.

It hasn't actually had service for quite a while now - it's been about ten months. I haven't had data, the ability to make calls or send SMS messages from it. Fortunately, I live in an urban area that has WiFi nearly everywhere you go, so I am able to make calls through Facebook messenger with WiFi connections.
I'm an average phone user. I haven't been trying new ROMs or kernels (whatever those are).

Recently my phone has been acting up pretty bad. I haven't done anything major that I can remember.

The only things out of the ordinary I've done to my phone are downloading some apks of apps that I have used for a long time with no problems (my mom has the same phone with the same apks and no problems) and I recently did a software update on my phone. I just did "check for updates" and updated it like normal. But now that I think about it, it seems like the problems started since I updated.

I've also had this app called "Talkatone" that allows me to make actual phone calls and send SMS through WiFi. I don't know if that app could be a problem.

But basically, my phone has been constantly crashing and rebooting itself. I could have literally only messenger open in the middle of typing a sentence and it freeze up and restart.

Half of the time, it would do this thing where it would say "Android is starting, optimizing app xx of xx" and it would take forever to get through as i have like 80 apps (games, browsers, book readers), but it has been doing that off and on for 4 months now. Its just been more frequent recently.

I haven't used it in 2 days, because it won't turn on. Its stuck in a bootlop that now seems like I can't fix it.

It's done this before, and I was able to fix it by taking the SD card out, but now that does nothing.

And yeah, I've tried recovery mode but it won't go into recovery mode. I'm starting to wonder if this phone has one. I looked up the buttons to press for this phone and it just doesn't work, it just turns the phone back on to start Boot loping again. I am able to turn it off, though. Also strange is that it won't turn on while plugged into the charger.

At the moment, I don't have my PC (long story) so I can't really do any little software magic. I would like to avoid a factory reset as much as possible as I haven't backed anything up.

If anyone knows how to help me get past this bootloop so I can at least start my phone back up, I would be forever greatful.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? How to turn on safe mode on Alcatel Fierce XL

It could very well be due to one of the apk's you installed. Downloading apk's is always risky, since you never know if there might be some malicious code hidden in there. The sites that offer apk's almost never vet the files for malware.

b625

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my late reply. I'm going to try and see if I can get my phone into safe mode by following the link you posted (which I muchly appreciate).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana