Best Galaxy S3 Screen Protector - Customization the Key

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering about the need for a screen protector for the S3. Doesn't this phone have Gorilla Glass? Is a screen protector really necessary if you're not the type who throws your phone around, or puts your phone in the same pocket with your diamond ring?

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I would find it hard to imagine a better screen protector for the GS3 then this one; it seems almost bullet-proof to me, and compared to all previous sp's I've had on various iPhones, it's by far the best I've seen. Not a fingerprint magnet at all; not the slightest hint of any edge roll-up; and moreover, you can hardly tell it's on the GS3 !!! :cool:

Found it at our local AT&T (authorized dealer) store; looks like an AT&T store, but not a corporate store:

Brand: MYBAT
* front of package: Twin Pack - Package Included: 2 Protector Films - 1 Cleaning Cloth
* front of package: SAM-L710 (Galaxy S3) - Galaxy S3
* rear of package SKU & barcode: SAMSIILCDSCPRTW (barcode) 885126030403
* $9.99

Bunnyfeet

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I just received an Otterbox Commuter case that comes with a screen protector. However, when installing, the stickers wouldn't come off, so lots of icky adhesive was left behind. I even tried Goo Gone to no avail. I had to throw both shields away. I've heard good reviews about the Spigen Curved Crystal Screen Protector, so I may try it. I was just wondering if the curved protector would fit OK around the edges in the silicone portion of the Otterbox. You kind of have to jam your phone into it carefully. In other words, it's a tight, snug fit. Can anyone advise? Thanks! :)

Kenzo Kabuto

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
already got a mediadevil crystal clear and I must admint I'm not satisfied

1. as already pointed in this thread it doesn't cover entirely the capacitive buttons giving a funny feeling using them
2. the response of the screen is worsen (not too much but you can feel the difference)
3. due to the dry installation it was quite difficult to put it perfectly centered (I still think the home button is not fully exposed due to my incompetence not to an imperfect cut of the film)

that's why I'm thinking to switch back to wet film and I cannot make a decision between bodyguardz and zagg
I have excluded spg curved since AFAIK the border lift up after some time (expecially if you use a pouch)

so any clue what should I prefer between BG and zagg (the review about BG from OP is not so good, but he didn't test zagg)
any hint of a good wet film apart from BG and zagg?

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the "new" Zagg Invisible Shield HD. I'm surprised there's no mention of this new glass like protection from Zagg. A little pricey, but well worth the investment in my opinion.

konos125

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi from me,
I've been using cheap screen protectors, but I got tired of replacing them all the time, they get too many scratches, too soon. My question has to do with the "full face" screen protectors and those that leave 2 or 3 mm of gap around the screen.
Isn't it good to have this gap, if we have a case? Most of us use a screen protector along with a case. Most cases hug the back, the sides and just a little portion of the front. If the screen protector covers the whole face, then won't it compromise the fit of the case? Maybe the screen protector will get peeled off?

berocca

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know where I could get a Speigen Ultra Crystal screen protector these days? I've tried links posted in the thread in 2012, but they no longer work, and the product isn't listed on the company's website anymore. If anyone could point me to any legitimate sellers on amazon or ebay that would be great!

Also any thoughts on the Xgear Spectre Tempered Glass Screen Protector: http://www.xgearlive.com/products/android/samsung/spectre
or Zagg's HD Invisible Shield: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tors-covers-skins-shields/4296&token=7LtwTQKx

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards