Best Galaxy S3 Screen Protector - Customization the Key

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The screen protector on the Defender while not HD is durable and will peel up or discolor no matter how long you use it. It will give the GG2 more protection and mitigate scratches and cracks while being completely funcitonal.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Zagg inevitably has a new domination with their HD series glass like protector. I would use nothing less.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Nice review. Best review I've seen with a good amount of products and information. I only wish you would have reviewed the iVisor by moshi

DelbertKim

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nice review. Best review I've seen with a good amount of products and information. I only wish you would have reviewed the iVisor by moshi

Thanks so much - I've never tried Moshi before but the film looked very interesting, especially for people who have trouble with the installation. Have you tried the Moshi for other devices before? I'm imagining the material would feel sort of like Zagg or other wet apply films.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much - I've never tried Moshi before but the film looked very interesting, especially for people who have trouble with the installation. Have you tried the Moshi for other devices before? I'm imagining the material would feel sort of like Zagg or other wet apply films.

I have not tried it on any of my device, but my friend has it for his Infuse. It's very easy to apply, and clean.

From what I remember it has a matte surface, so the brightness of the screen will look a bit weaker with the screen protector on. But without testing it myself I can't be sure. I'll have to test it out when I see him again.

The one thing I don't like about it is they make cutout/holes where the capacitive buttons.

Bcdavis9958

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the great reviews! When I got my S3 when it first cam out I ordered the S3 screen protector from realook since I had one of theirs for my Fascinate and my wife has one for her Droid 2 and they are amazing, you cant even tell they are there. I was disappointed when I found out that their S3 protector was wet application but thought I would give it a try (at least temporarily) since I wanted to use my new phone:) I found it to be tacky and have the orange peel effect (not as bad as zagg in my experience). I say all of this because this morning I was cleaning by screen and accidentally peeled up some of the protector and it got a bunch of fuzz underneath. Frantically searching for another protector (there was only one in the pack:eek:- not that I would want to use a second) I came across this review (again, very helpful thank you) and was going to purchase the Steinheil Curved Crystal Screen Protectors and thought "I wonder if they also have these on amazon" so I checked (they do, btw) and came across the new realook 3D Forming crystal clear screen protector which is the same Idea as the Steinheil Curved Crystal but with a 3H hardness and made from the same material as their amazing protectors I mentioned above. Being a loyal realook customer I snatched them up (2 pack for $14.99). Ill post here again with my thoughts when I receive them. Just wanted to throw anther option out there for people!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for your review on Curved crystal with acase superleggera, So that I can also order one :)

Sorry for the late review but I've been loving my s3 the. Acase superleggera pro case and the curved crystal screen protectors combination. The boxwave duosuit is also good but it seems that it won't protect the phone as much in case of a fall so I've been using the Acase one. The screen protector is great, clear and feels like glass but it's very bendable and it scratches easily and I would prefer it to be harder, even if the touch was worst. The Acase case gives a little bulk but not as much as the defender one sold by otterbox.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Bcdavis9958

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So I got my realook 3D forming screen protector and have been using it for 4 days. I can say that it was definitely much better than what I had before.

Pros:
- No orange peel - you can see some very, very slightly when the screen is off if you look at it from the right angle but no distortion when using the phone
- It feels like glass - its smooth and non-tacky
- The price - pack of 2 for $15

Cons:
- Doesnt COMPLETELY cover the entire glass - it definitely covers more than the ones that only go on the flat part of the screen but it doesnt go right up to the very edge
- Scratches somewhat easily - after 3 days of normal use a scratch randomly appeared. My previous realook protectors didnt scratch this easily
- Can start to lift off - probably because it doesnt go to the very edge, I have one corner which is lifting slightly probably from being in and out of my pocket

Other:
There were some small bubbles around where the glass starts to curve that i just could not remove. This was not a con for me since there was no orange peel and its a smooth feel. the bubbles were not over the viewing area so I can live with that.

I am probably going to try and install the second protector to see if it goes on better and if not I might try the Curved Crystal ones.

psxjunky

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing a lot of reviews of the SPIGEN curved crystal that is complaining about two things:

- the protector getting scratched easily
- the protector corners lifting up due to complete surface coverage

Anyone here that is using the SPIGEN curved crystal for at least 2-3 weeks have seen any of these?

DelbertKim

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The thing with the Spigen Curved Crystal is that the film was cut to match precisely with the Galaxy S3 screen. Bottom line is that if this film is installed correctly, then there won't be an issue with the corners lifting. The reward for a good installation is a display that does not have an ill-fitting, awkward film that looks like it's been slapped on.

Separately, the Realook 3d looks very interesting. I'd be great if @bcdavis9958 could post some pics with the film applied.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have it for 3 weeks and I think it gets scratches easily but I believe it's the price to pay for having such a good feel. Since I noticed it I've been more careful and no scratches were added.
It doesn't lift off though, and I'm using acase superleggera products case, taking it off to change the battery multiple times.

kevindd992002

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have it for 3 weeks and I think it gets scratches easily but I believe it's the price to pay for having such a good feel. Since I noticed it I've been more careful and no scratches were added.
It doesn't lift off though, and I'm using acase superleggera products case, taking it off to change the battery multiple times.

Which protector are you pertaining to?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, as of right now I am still using the screen protector that came with the OB commuter case. I am curious about what is the best dry install protector. I have seen a few reviews off the Spigen curved crystal one and it seems to be the best so far, but I you can apparently cause valleys in the protector which are hard to get rid of. (*Galaxy S3* Spigen SGP Curved Crystal Screen Protector - REVIEW - YouTube starts at about 3 min mark).

Also, what about some reduced glare protectors?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, as of right now I am still using the screen protector that came with the OB commuter case. I am curious about what is the best dry install protector. I have seen a few reviews off the Spigen curved crystal one and it seems to be the best so far, but I you can apparently cause valleys in the protector which are hard to get rid of. (*Galaxy S3* Spigen SGP Curved Crystal Screen Protector - REVIEW - YouTube starts at about 3 min mark).

Also, what about some reduced glare protectors?

Unless they made big changes to it, it should be like most all dry application protectors. Make sure everything is clean and don't touch the adhesive side with your fingers. Make sure it's straight. Also have scotch tape handy, if you see dust under it use one piece of tape to lift the protector and use another to dab the dust up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd second what was said about the MediaDevil. Bought it based on reviews from Amazon and didn't find this thread until now.
The cut is just not great...half the capacitive buttons are covered at the bottom :p
And I decided to try the anti-glare version because this is supposedly one of the better ones that has less of a distracting fuzz effect...still terrible. I got it because I use it as a nav and the regular screen drives me nuts when using it in the sun.

Anyone have a spare clear one they want to trade if they want to try anti-glare? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001