Replacement charger (UK)?

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
(The only thread I could find on this subject listed US retailers and prices)

Some *&^%^?$ broke into our car today and stole our suitcases. Apart from some dirty underwear, one of the cases also contained my Nexus charger, so I need a replacement. I'm using my Kindle charger at the mo, just in case it will work (Nexus is off and showing that it's charging, but haven't checked yet to see if it's actually achieving anything) but I'm looking for advice on a charger which will charge my baby as quickly as the official jobbie. I'm in the UK, so I need something that I can get from Amazon UK (or one of the few remaining high street electrical retailers.)

There are so many chargers available, but I haven't found one which has a review that says it's great AND it works on the Nexus AND charges it quickly. I use the Nexus for several (OK, loads of) hours per day, so slow charging would be inconvenient.

Does anyone have any recommendations, please?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure it's just a standard charger. I'm in the US and have 3 different chargers, one LG, one Moto and the ASUS official with no noticeable difference in charging speed.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

philba

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The charger (technically, it's just a power supply) that ships with the N7 is a 2Amp 5V device. So any USB charger, er, supply that can deliver 2A should work fine for you. You could get by in a pinch with a 1Amp charger which is typical for a phone charger but expect the recharging to take about twice as long.

Look at your kindle charger to see what it's rated for. IIRC, the Fire's charger is 2A also but I think the earlier kindles only need 1 Amp.

By the way, I have several chargers that I use for my N7. One in my travel bag, one in my office, one by my bed, one at my GF's house. I seem to lose one about every couple of months. I've never paid more than $10.

dashdashdot

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. The Kindle charger did do the job, but my Nexus battery was still 3/4 charged anyway. I'll give it another go tonight, when my battery will be a lot lower. At least now if I need a replacement, I know what I'm looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD