Replacement HTC One Has Different Temperature Screen

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement last night. Set it up identical to my old phone which was having reception problems. Noticed immediately, the screen had a warmer color that the "cool blue" of the original one. The HTC weather Clock was a hint more yellow than before. AT first, I was a bit bothered by it, but started flipping simultaneously through my identical photos on both devices and about 95% of the time I preferred the warmer, more natural color on the new device. The other thing I immediately noticed was that the home and back buttons were about twice as bright as the ones on my old phone... They were crisp and bright, vs the old phone which in comparison, were sort of dull and muddy looking. Lastly, the build quality on the new device was a bit better... the screen was more flush with the speakers. On my original phone, the upper speaker grill had some roughness to it on a section of the perforations. I didn't take any photos of the screens before formatting the old phone and shipping it back... The one test call I made on the new phone showed it to have better reception than the other one, which was the original reason for replacement. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the world of early adoption. Your old phone, full of glitches and issues, will be the test child of the first batch. Companies learn (or they should) from the first-batch mistakes and they fix them on the next one, subsequently improving their overall process with each iteration. So it's no surprise that you notice improvement on your new replacement when it's a newly released device.

ddillon80

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The other thing I immediately noticed was that the home and back buttons were about twice as bright as the ones on my old phone... They were crisp and bright, vs the old phone which in comparison, were sort of dull and muddy looking.

Of course I immediately pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the brightness of the home and back buttons after reading this and guess what? They are looking "sorta dull and muddy" to me. Now Keep in mind up to this point the brightness of these buttons has never even crossed my mind but the OCD is kicking in now and I cant stop looking at the buttons to gauge how bright they are...OP thank you for giving me something else to obsess over!

Last edited:

Trev86

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Same cracked screen on first one, replacement has warmer screen temperature. I'm going to have to get used to it I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbburns87