[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Have an issue with my phone, currently running 2.9 SC. My wife went to send me a video from her phone. It shows up as downloading when I look at my messages.

I had her send me video and pictures, and all the same result. I reloaded the modem EB01, and now it shows up as if I can play the video, but it shows up almost like it's 10 frames that don't move, and knowing that the video is 300k on her phone, it shows up as 76k on my phone. The pictures and videos that show as downloading show up as 30k

Thoughts?

I'd hate to roll back and update stock to chase down a bug with Verizon. The attached images show the "downloading" message which has been there all day and doesn't allow me to do anything when I short or long press on the bubble. And there is the bubble with the image and the play button, but that's the one that shows up as what appears to be either 10 frames or merged messages and with no actual video.

Having already talked with DroidX, I thought to stop by here.

You must have 3g enabled to receive mms, even on wifi.
Enabling it later is not an option.

joe007

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Try this, as it works for me.

Yes, I know 2.9 is Froyo. That's my point. The aux out jack on the dock is supposed to work with Froyo, but it still doesn't. I'll check out that other forum you posted for an answer.

Thanks,

When in the car dock press what LOOKS like the mute icon. All that icon is doing is turning off the external speaker of the phone and turning on the line out. Then rock away.

I have not tried it with the new kernel that was released yesterday, working eb16NV, but there is a bass, or lack there of, issue.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
When u put,it in ur pocket do u shut it off or just put it in unlocked? You mabe hitting the search button when ur locking it and u dont notice it till u unlock it. It happens to me some times if I just put it in my pocket with out locking it first

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
The aux works with the car dock not desktop dock because the sammy desktop dock is not in sc 2.9. So there is no wAy of using aux dock right now unless u take the apk from the stock system

krunkan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried SC 2.9 for almost a week. ... My friend called me, but I never got the call.

This happened to me too. (The call did not even show up on my Verizon call history as having been received.) After a day or so it somehow fixed itself. Scanning the forums it looked like maybe dialing *228 (selecting option 1) would have fixed it immediately, but I don't know for sure.

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am on 2.9.1 and now I am wondering about themes. Is a theme the same thing as a launcher like Touchwiz or ADW? I hear a lot of people use superdark, is this just a different luncher or is it a rom like 2.9? If I install it is there an easy way to go back to Touchwiz? does TW get replaced?

Thanks for any info guys.

tonytooth

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
1. There is an issue with the clicking audio feedback in texting (swype only). The audio feedback volume level is loud and distorted when using the Swype keyboard. The audio feedback volume levels are fine when using the other keyboards and all other sections of the phone. Bascially, the audio feedback level of Swype does not match the audio feedback of the rest of the phone.

2. Sometimes the screen light comes back on after I hit the lock/power button. Normally the lock screen will time out within a few seconds if this happens. But sometimes I hit the lock button, the light will immediately come back on, the phone will be in a locked state, and the screen will just stay dimly lit on the locked screen and never go off unless I hit the lock/power button again.

3. When my car Bluetooth gets out of range of my phone, it will not reconnect when in range. It will remain stuck in a battery draining (25% in 10 minutes), nearly locked up state and the phone is inoperable until you pull the battery or shut the car off.

4. Tried multiple apps that offer an add shortcut to home screen option, none have worked up to this point. You must manually add them directly from the home screen. The 2 shortcut issues that I have personally encountered are...
- When you save a new profile in the Audiomanager app, it give you the option to save a shortcut on your home screen. I check the box but no shortcut ever appears.
- If you go to your bookmarks in the stock browser and long press a bookmark, it will give you the option to add a shortcut to the home screen. No shortcut will appear when it's done this way.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I know 2.9 is Froyo. That's my point. The aux out jack on the dock is supposed to work with Froyo, but it still doesn't. I'll check out that other forum you posted for an answer.

Thanks,

Yes it does.

You don't really think I've been modding it for people for requests that don't work?

Also, I don't get a lot of opportunities to reply, so please don't skip mine.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/725971-post815.html

Reactions: Landshark

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
1. There is an issue with the clicking audio feedback in texting (swype only). The audio feedback volume level is loud and distorted when using the Swype keyboard. The audio feedback volume levels are fine when using the other keyboards and all other sections of the phone. Bascially, the audio feedback level of Swype does not match the audio feedback of the rest of the phone.

2. Sometimes the screen light comes back on after I hit the lock/power button. Normally the lock screen will time out within a few seconds if this happens. But sometimes I hit the lock button, the light will immediately come back on, the phone will be in a locked state, and the screen will just stay dimly lit on the locked screen and never go off unless I hit the lock/power button again.

3. When my car Bluetooth gets out of range of my phone, it will not reconnect when in range. It will remain stuck in a battery draining (25% in 10 minutes), nearly locked up state and the phone is inoperable until you pull the battery or shut the car off.

4. Tried multiple apps that offer an add shortcut to home screen option, none have worked up to this point. You must manually add them directly from the home screen. The 2 shortcut issues that I have personally encountered are...
- When you save a new profile in the Audiomanager app, it give you the option to save a shortcut on your home screen. I check the box but no shortcut ever appears.
- If you go to your bookmarks in the stock browser and long press a bookmark, it will give you the option to add a shortcut to the home screen. No shortcut will appear when it's done this way.

1. Froyo bug. Blame Samsung, not my rom.

2. I've not seen that here, and it hasn't been a regularly reported incident. Might want to look into what you have installed.

3. See number 1.

4. They are adding it to a different launcher. You must have more than one installed.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I always have to hit my soft search key twice for search to pop up. The fist time I click it the phone vibrates but nothing happens. Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

its a new feature, double click. ;)

im having this as well. dont use search much so i never noticed it.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You must have 3g enabled to receive mms, even on wifi.
Enabling it later is not an option.

It is on. It's always on. As a matter of fact, when I received the first goofed up msg, I turned off the wifi on the phone and stayed strictly on 3g/data. The data is always on, and is left on because of reading about people missing various messages/mms... and previous to 2.9, I could receive mms. I just can't remember if it was 2.7 or 2.8 when I received my last videos through mms.

Adrynalyne, I can forward you either my end result mms, or the one that she intended to send to me. What's odd is that I looked again at the message she sent me and see that the video is broken into 10 parts, with one image. When you hit Fast Forward, the progress meter moves, as well as an indicator in the upper right shows 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc.

Last edited:

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Have been running 2.9.1 for a few days...works great as far as I can tell. One wierd thing I nonoticed though.......3G mobile hot spot app shows up in my app drawer but when I try to look for it in TB or in Manage Apps, I can't find it. I installed barnicle and it works great so I was lolking to at least freeze it to get it out of my drawer. Any idea how to get rid of it?

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
When I am on a theme or am experiencing problems on 2.9.1 I always flash 2.9 and then flash 2.9.1 and it usually fixes my problem.

If i want to get rid of my theme or fix a problem, is flashing 2.9 then flashing 2.9.1 necessaryw Could I just flash 2.9.1?

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

2. I've not seen that here, and it hasn't been a regularly reported incident. Might want to look into what you have installed.

I have this same issue. Not a big deal for me, but it still does it. I installed SC 2.8 from a factory reset stock phone, then flashed 2.9 the next day, and then 2.9.1. Nuance is the only patch I installed. Just yesterday, I installed the EB16 kernal. This lockscreen staying lit up has been doing this to me since even before I reinstalled my apps. No themes or 3rd party launchers installed.

Another issue that has been brought up and I haven't seen an answer for, and again, not a huge deal, is the soft keys don't light up with the screen. They only light when one is pressed, then they go out before the screen times out.

Overall, I'm extremelly pleased with my phone right now. It is so much better than what Verizon is providing. Thank you very much Adrynalyne for the work you do. I'm impressed :).

EDIT: Any way to get the music button in the clock screen (desk cradle) to launch PowerAmp instead of the stock music player? Thanks.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I am on a theme or am experiencing problems on 2.9.1 I always flash 2.9 and then flash 2.9.1 and it usually fixes my problem.

If i want to get rid of my theme or fix a problem, is flashing 2.9 then flashing 2.9.1 necessaryw Could I just flash 2.9.1?

2.9.1 is just a patch, so yeah 2.9 first.

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This might have been covered a few times already but.......Im on 2.9 now. How to i install the 2.9.1 patch? Sorry im pretty new to this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli