Revert back to latest T-Mobile OTA?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I switched to Verizon for a few days and got the latest March OTA while testing out the service, which wasn't good in my area, so I switched back to T-Mobile. Since switching back to T-Mobile my reception has been horrible nothing like before. I'm currently sitting in a 5G area with T-Mobile and I'm only getting 4G and it keeps cutting off saying there's no service.

I'm assuming being on the latest Verizon OTA is affecting my signal on T-Mobile, would using Odin to go back to the latest T-Mobile OTA fix this?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
You on carrier version or unlocked?

I'm reading some people are having issues with T-Mobile and the Fold3, and T-Mobile has actually stopped selling the Fold3 because of this. I wonder if this is that problem?

If it is that's strange because just a couple weeks ago I was on T-Mobile on my Factory unlocked Fold3 without this issue?

neoberry99

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm reading some people are having issues with T-Mobile and the Fold3, and T-Mobile has actually stopped selling the Fold3 because of this. I wonder if this is that problem?

If it is that's strange because just a couple weeks ago I was on T-Mobile on my Factory unlocked Fold3 without this issue?

You're correct. I was one of many people affected by this issue. It's the phone not the service and Tmobile will issue you a brand new phone. That's what they did with me.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
You're correct. I was one of many people affected by this issue. It's the phone not the service and Tmobile will issue you a brand new phone. That's what they did with me.

Mine is Unlocked from Samsung but with a T-Mobile SIM card, I'm assuming this wouldn't apply to me?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
It's so strange I'm sitting in my car right now and it won't even connect to the Bluetooth that's already paired. When I scan for devices it says there's nothing around me. I feel like that new OTA that I downloaded when I was on the Verizon network a couple days ago boinked my phone now that I'm on T-Mobile again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have the unlocked version also , had TMobile sim early on but now my Att and didn't experience a issue, this first I heard of it .
I'll put my TMobile sim back in and check it out again tomorrow and report back.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I have the unlocked version also , had TMobile sim early on but now my Att and didn't experience a issue, this first I heard of it .
I'll put my TMobile sim back in and check it out again tomorrow and report back.

I appreciate your help. Do you think taking the latest Verizon OTA then putting the T-Mobile SIM card back in would cause this kind of issue? Seeing how the update hasn't been released yet on T-Mobile?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I appreciate your help. Do you think taking the latest Verizon OTA then putting the T-Mobile SIM card back in would cause this kind of issue? Seeing how the update hasn't been released yet on T-Mobile?
It shouldn't because it configure any sim u install and all unlocked version are on same bootloader regardless carrier your on . Maybe there a issue with the newer firmware try going back to last one

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This build I'm on

If you can take a screenshot of Odin with Verizon build , I don't have my computer home with Odin, everyone have all apple here lol
I think there something off about Verizon build Screenshot_20220326-205609_Settings.jpg

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
This build I'm on

If you can take a screenshot of Odin with Verizon build , I don't have my computer home with Odin, everyone have all apple here lol
I think there something off about Verizon build View attachment 343526

Awesome that's what I have downloaded, just gotta grab Frija and my work PC to revert back. That's what I'm thinking is the issue also, especially since I didn't have any connectivity issues a few weeks back on T-Mobile prior to the new Verizon OTA.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Awesome that's what I have downloaded, just gotta grab Frija and my work PC to revert back. That's what I'm thinking is the issue also, especially since I didn't have any connectivity issues a few weeks back on T-Mobile prior to the new Verizon OTA.
Tomorrow I'll look in Verizon build but something was wrong I believe the end was cvc5 but before those numbers this in frija by the way before downloading was BVA9 somewhere in there

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
Tomorrow I'll look in Verizon build but something was wrong I believe the end was cvc5 but before those numbers this in frija by the way before downloading was BVA9 somewhere in there

Yeah looks like BVA9 is the latest OTA for T-Mobile, I'll backup via SmartSwitch then Odin it to see if it fixes the issues.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

I had HORRIBLE connectivity issues on my Fold 3 after Android 12 update. I had to Airplane Mode almost every time I left my home (where I have WiFi). I rarely ever got connectivity without doing this task. I tried the manual fix that is floating around, but it was worse. I never got 5G and I still had to airplane mode it less than before, but connectivity sucked.

After the 4.1 update (I am on T-Mobile Locked). I now no longer have any connectivity issues when I leave my home. I now get 5G UC here like I should and everything is working fantastically!

This update fixed all of the issues I had before.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
I had HORRIBLE connectivity issues on my Fold 3 after Android 12 update. I had to Airplane Mode almost every time I left my home (where I have WiFi). I rarely ever got connectivity without doing this task. I tried the manual fix that is floating around, but it was worse. I never got 5G and I still had to airplane mode it less than before, but connectivity sucked.

After the 4.1 update (I am on T-Mobile Locked). I now no longer have any connectivity issues when I leave my home. I now get 5G UC here like I should and everything is working fantastically!

This update fixed all of the issues I had before.

Good to know! I also believe being on a MVNO (US Mobile) is also affecting my data connection. I will be jumping onto a T-Mobile post paid Magenta plan here in a couple days and after I get this update I hope my issues are fixed. I am currently on US Mobile under T-Mobile's GSM LTE and haven't received the 4.1 update yet and plan to wait to update once I get under an actual T-Mobile plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sayou