Reverted back to MB1 and now won't get the update to MF1

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue. I was having issues so I reverted back to MB1 thinking that I could move up to the MF1 and get the multiple windows again but I will hit update software and says I am up to date. Has Verizon pulled the MF1?

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Revreted back to MB1 and now wont get the update to MF1

Are you rooted? If you are then you can get it on xda. If you're not then I can't help you

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I haven't heard anything about them pulling MF1. When you check for updates are you doing it with a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile data connection? I'd be sure to try the latter.
Did you do a Factory Reset after downgrading?
Did you load the stock MB1 firmware, or a rooted version?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone else had this issue. I was having issues so I reverted back to MB1 thinking that I could move up to the MF1 and get the multiple windows again but I will hit update software and says I am up to date. Has Verizon pulled the MF1?

I don't think so because I just had to defer MF1 yesterday for another 5 days so it must still be availible

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Stock version. I checked with wifi off. I did not do a factory reset since I didn't want to lose all my apps. But I will try it.
I haven't heard anything about them pulling MF1. When you check for updates are you doing it with a Wi-Fi connection or a mobile data connection? I'd be sure to try the latter.
Did you do a Factory Reset after downgrading?
Did you load the stock MB1 firmware, or a rooted version?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

Stock version. I checked with wifi off. I did not do a factory reset since I didn't want to lose all my apps. But I will try it.

Id hold off honestly. Besides a new gallery app and multiview there's really not a good reason to update, especially since a number of people have been reporting problems such as bad battery life, etc. since the update and idk. MB worked perfectly and if its not broken, don't try to fix it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I went ahead and updated because I actually had better battery life under the MF1. Verizon out here in Colorado is odd. If I travel to Boulder I have a hard time getting 4G signal or if I am in my town of Broomfield I get spotty 4G. They have spent a lot of money for the towns really south of I-36. So for me the update saves my battery for what reason I can not explain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777