Roam Control on Evo LTE

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to the new Evo, my connection at work took a crap. I get no signal and even when I put the roaming to automatically the phone fights between sprint and roaming and it doesn't lock a signal.

I purchased roam control thinking the program would force the phone into roaming only. When i select the roaming option in roam control i see the indicator come up, but its not forcing the phone to roam. All the app is doing is telling me which signal I'm getting. If the phone decides to roam it tells me to what carrier it's. If its stay in sprints it tells me that. It's the app not working out is this what out was meant to do? I know Verizon customers have great signal in the building so the issue is not having a signal period. Thanks for the help.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with the app when I upgraded from the evo3d to the new lte and my roam control wouldnt work. I had to root my phone in order for it to work on my lte. On the evo3d you could use it stock unrooted.

drewjohn

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
you have to root for roam control to work. there are also some other options on XDA but you must be rooted also. I go in to roam everyday at work.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't see what is the point of having roaming guard on Sprint phones since their everything plan includes unlimited roaming as well?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ninhead

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not roaming guard per se- it saves battery life by forcing your phone into roaming as opposed to constantly searching for a signal.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't see what is the point of having roaming guard on Sprint phones since their everything plan includes unlimited roaming as well?

The phone will go with a weak sprint signal over a strong roaming signal which will prematurely destroy your battery and if its really weak it will basically switch back and forth all day which is even worse on the battery so why not just force the better roaming signal and be done with it?

JayMunOne

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
They do allow unlimited data roaming but they get pissy when you go over 300MB a month and reserve their right to cancel the K.

Yeah well maybe strengthen your now network NOW.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE on a now non-LTE Network!

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Sprint doesn't do unlimited roaming.

Uh let me ask what u are basing this comment off of cause it sounds to me like ur just talking out of ur a** and yes they do have unlimited roaming, get ur facts straight before saying anything

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
When I call sprint and told them my connection was bad and my phone only wanted to roam on my area they rolls me don't worry. You can roam all you want it's covered. Now if they want to let me out my contact for roaming, well let them.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Simply everything is unlimited.....while on the Sprint Network. If you read the fine print, roaming data is unlimited up to 300 MB. If you continually go over that mark, you may get a nasty gram from Sprint threatening to cut off your service. It's happened to a couple of friends of mine. I've been close to 300 MB a few times and used to get nervous as much as I travel in rural areas not covered by Sprint. There's a lot of fine print in the service agreement, which you can read online, about roaming, including voice, which becomes an issue, if it's the majority of your usage. Simply Everything......kinda.

Reactions: Star-Lord

Rikan Havok

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Screw it, I'm dying to get out my contact and go with Verizon. I'll pay the same that I'm now and that's worth 10GB of data. So I'm sure that's enough.

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Simply everything is unlimited.....while on the Sprint Network. If you read the fine print, roaming data is unlimited up to 300 MB. If you continually go over that mark, you may get a nasty gram from Sprint threatening to cut off your service. It's happened to a couple of friends of mine. I've been close to 300 MB a few times and used to get nervous as much as I travel in rural areas not covered by Sprint. There's a lot of fine print in the service agreement, which you can read online, about roaming, including voice, which becomes an issue, if it's the majority of your usage. Simply Everything......kinda.

Thank you. Sprint told me a while back that they were changing their agreements regarding unlimited roaming, and they sent out courtesy calls to a lot of people. I know because I got one of them. They admitted that unlimited roaming was included but they were willing to let people off ETF free.

Uh let me ask what u are basing this comment off of cause it sounds to me like ur just talking out of ur a** and yes they do have unlimited roaming, get ur facts straight before saying anything

How about you learn basic grammar first. Maybe you should read the fine print in contract before you make yourself look even worse than you are right now. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74