[ROM] 11/24 - SenselessROM 2.9.5 -GB 2.3.4 - Wow! Just Wow!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] - 8/10 - SenselessROM 1.2 - A ROM with No Sense that Ro

device-2011-08-11-210837.png

here is another... getting worse

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

2nd install of stock rom confirms lock screen works as it should. Downloading CleanRom to see if it gives me any problems and yes Scott I am doing a complete wipe this time to make sure everything is Kosher :p

Update: CleanRom lock screen works for me as it should. I am now going back to sensless. Lock screen??? I don't need no stinkin lock screen!!!!!! Just joking, I know this guy who will fix it real soon :p

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

2nd install of stock rom confirms lock screen works as it should. Downloading CleanRom to see if it gives me any problems and yes Scott I am doing a complete wipe this time to make sure everything is Kosher :p

Update: CleanRom lock screen works for me as it should. I am now going back to sensless. Lock screen??? I don't need no stinkin lock screen!!!!!! Just joking, I know this guy who will fix it real soon :p

Dude, its all related to the removal of the Sense framework... It will be addressed later... Very minor.

Now, are you having the issue jon is having with the freaky button rotation? I cant reproduce that one!

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Dude, its all related to the removal of the Sense framework... It will be addressed later... Very minor.

Now, are you having the issue jon is having with the freaky button rotation? I cant reproduce that one!

Yes but it is intermittent. Sometimes it moves, Sometimes it just disappears entirely.

No worries, I'm not stressing over it. Just letting you know.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

I think I found a bug... not sure if you know about it. In the OP you noted that Hot restart does nothing. Well when I use the power button menu to do a normal reboot, my phone just shuts down, but it never turns itself back on. I need to babysit my phone and once it's off hit the power button...

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Woah, I just got the sideways sound button thing. for the first time ever. the only thing I did on my phone was download and play Asphalt 6 3D (in 3D mode of course). I backed out of the game, locked the screen and found this. it was sideways until I slid the slider to silence my phone. then it fixed itself and has been fine since.

bigorange

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know how I can get my Gameloft games working? When you go to download your game it takes you to a URL like

sai://SprintInstaller?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.gameloft.com%2*****

When you click it says "No applications can perform this action" Is there an .apk for sprint installer etc that I can apply?

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how I can get my Gameloft games working? When you go to download your game it takes you to a URL like

sai://SprintInstaller?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.gameloft.com%2*****

When you click it says "No applications can perform this action" Is there an .apk for sprint installer etc that I can apply?

See my other post in the thread in the evo 3d forum about the 99 cent deal. If you can't make it work pm me

Reactions: bigorange

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
[ROM] SenselessROM 2.0 -8/22/11- GB 2.3.4 (2.08.651.2 Base) - Now

Welcome to SenselessROM - For those who want the most pure AOSP / Gingerbread experience possible with just a touch of HTC...
All HTC and Google Apps are uptdate as of 8/21/2011. ROM is Deodexed and based on 2.08.651.2.

Updates in version 2.0
Complete Rebuild from the Ground Up! Now based on the Sprint 2.08.651.2 RUU!

Features
ROM Updater Beta - Download ROM's and themes inside the OS! Please see post #2 for proper usage!
Performance Tweaks
Overscroll
Window Animations
Removed ADB Notification
Extended Quick Menu
Extended Power Button
Ad Blocking host file
Google News And Weather App
Google Talk with Video Chat
All Google Apps Updated
DSP manager
freeza's modified Stock Kernel
Sprint HotSpot Hack for free Wireless or Wired Tethering
All HTC and Sprint IQ Spyware is gone!

Apps
eFS File Explorer
HTC Flashlight

Senseless_2.0.jpg
Senseless_2.0-2.jpg

themes.png

Theme2.png

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Hit the THANKS Button if you like this offering

========How to Configure and Use ROM Updater=========
Start ROM updater app
Press phone Menu Button and select configuration
Select Addon/Theme Update Settings
Select Manage Addon/Theme Servers
Press phone Menu button
Select Update Featured Addon/Theme Servers and select yes
Themes by scrosler will show up, press back button 3 times.
Press phone menu botton and select Check now
Theme list will be populated
Download theme of choice
NOTE: The application is still in development! At this time you cannot automatically flash the download from inside the app! When the download completes select "Apply Later" Now use the phones power button to boot into recovery and flash the downloaded theme. It will be located in "CleanROM" Make sure you do not select Apply Now because it wont boot into recovery yet!!.

This app was developed by puertoblack2003 and was ported with permission to CleanROM!

Reactions: eovnu87435ds

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] SenselessROM 2.0 -8/22/11- GB 2.3.4 (2.08.651.2 Base)

Just downloaded now! thanks for the update!

EDIT: Is there any way to get rid of the window/app drawer animations and the different battery icon? thanks!

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Just downloaded now! thanks for the update!

EDIT: Is there any way to get rid of the window/app drawer animations and the different battery icon? thanks!

Yeah, turn off animations in the settings.

Diff battery icon...Yeah, there are tons out there. I'll try to add some into the ROM Updater tonight for you.

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, turn off animations in the settings.

Diff battery icon...Yeah, there are tons out there. I'll try to add some into the ROM Updater tonight for you.

Thanks! Those twisting windows and pop ups were getting to me! Is there a similar option for going back to the 2D app drawer(instead of the top and bottom rows "bending")? I can't believe I missed the animations option though...

Also, I think I found a slight bug. This hasn't happened since going to 2.0. I use EAS, and so I am forced to use a 6+ digit pin. whenever I go to unlock my phone, I see this. Unlocking still works fine, and it's something I can live with, I just wanted to let you know.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! Those twisting windows and pop ups were getting to me! Is there a similar option for going back to the 2D app drawer(instead of the top and bottom rows "bending")? I can't believe I missed the animations option though...

Also, I think I found a slight bug. This hasn't happened since going to 2.0. I use EAS, and so I am forced to use a 6+ digit pin. whenever I go to unlock my phone, I see this. Unlocking still works fine, and it's something I can live with, I just wanted to let you know.

It could be due to the framework mods I made. Are you an exchange admin? Can you get me an exchange account with these credentials so I can test it out? IF so that would be great. Otherwise I have no troubleshoot it. But I am glad you are enjoying it.
As far as the launcher, look for Modaco Gingerbread launcher on the market. Thats the prior version I used. The new version is more tru to AOSP standards but I can understand you not liking it. I dont like it much my self and I may revert soon, lol

Do you have a Mod to use the CRT animation?

At this time this mod is not yet available due to the changes int he framework. Rest assured as more mods become available they will be added into the ROM Updater App. I will also post a message in the threads when I add things.

Reactions: duke8804

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

It could be due to the framework mods I made. Are you an exchange admin? Can you get me an exchange account with these credentials so I can test it out? IF so that would be great. Otherwise I have no troubleshoot it. But I am glad you are enjoying it.
As far as the launcher, look for Modaco Gingerbread launcher on the market. Thats the prior version I used. The new version is more tru to AOSP standards but I can understand you not liking it. I dont like it much my self and I may revert soon, lol

At this time this mod is not yet available due to the changes int he framework. Rest assured as more mods become available they will be added into the ROM Updater App. I will also post a message in the threads when I add things.

Unfortunatley I am not an admin... But I will ask about getting the security policies used so that it could be recreated with another version of EAS 2007. Unfortunately, infosec is really tight here so anything short of being hired by my company will result in them saying no to an account...

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

Also, I have noticed you used freeza's kernel with this rom. do you have any opinion about loading a different kernel, such as Silverneedle 1.0?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunatley I am not an admin... But I will ask about getting the security policies used so that it could be recreated with another version of EAS 2007. Unfortunately, infosec is really tight here so anything short of being hired by my company will result in them saying no to an account...
Yea, totally understand!!!
Also, I have noticed you used freeza's kernel with this rom. do you have any opinion about loading a different kernel, such as Silverneedle 1.0?
Silverneedle 1.0 will cause you to soft brick. There are currently no updated sources released by HTC so all the kernel guys will have to wait until they get the source code from HTC.

Freeza, just decompiled and made little hacks to the ram-disk. Hence no major things like overclocking and no lights, etc....

Reactions: GreenToxon

GreenToxon

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Scrosler, I love this ROM. You're doing a great job and should keep at it!

But I have one question, on the lockscreen, when you slide the sound slider on the right, it says "No recent applications" and if I do it again, "Phone Options"
What is this for?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Scrosler, I love this ROM. You're doing a great job and should keep at it!

But I have one question, on the lockscreen, when you slide the sound slider on the right, it says "No recent applications" and if I do it again, "Phone Options"
What is this for?

Yep, thats a visual bug that I need to work on. Thanks for pointing that out because I didn't see it before!

Its just visual and has not affect on the function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77