[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the wifi radio. I'm talking about the cellular radio. When there is no cell tower nearby, the phone will hunt for a new tower. I'm wondering if there is anything built into the rom that controls how aggressive that tower hunting is. With the stock roms, turning on airplane mode does not kill the tower hunting (from what I observed during battery tests), but users of AOSP's CM7 report that their phone can stay on for weeks at a time with airplane mode enabled which leads me to believe that their rom is truly disabling the radio while the stock roms are not.
Sorry, I have no idea, that's way beyond what I know.

Ah you know what I was the one that add it back on the phone by flashing the stock sounds you had in the second post, sorry I didn't clarify that on my post. I just wanted some of the alarm ringtones I had gotten use to and instead got things back that I didn't want also

So go into the zip, delete what you want to not put back, copy it to your sdcard, go into recovery, disable signature check, flash the file.

Or use the raw files on your Sdcard, it will let you use them from there.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I have no idea, that's way beyond what I know.

So go into the zip, delete what you want to not put back, copy it to your sdcard, go into recovery, disable signature check, flash the file.

Or use the raw files on your Sdcard, it will let you use them from there.

Ok thank you much

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@LeslieAnn, there's something wrong with the OP's html right now. Anytime I try to click on a link to take me to the OP, be it from the forum or from within the thread, it takes me to the root of the forums. This also happens when clicking on pages in the thread that contain quotes of the OP. I am reporting this to the mods, am I the only one this is happening to, not sure if it's my PC/Browser or the html itself. I found this out while trying to post a link to the Harmonia thread for another user last nite, and it's still occuring this morning.

Pinan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
@LeslieAnn, there's something wrong with the OP's html right now. Anytime I try to click on a link to take me to the OP, be it from the forum or from within the thread, it takes me to the root of the forums.
A couple of days ago Avast anti-virus was going nuts with this thread. Wouldn't let me get to it. Using IE, Opera, Firefox. Since then everything was wonky. I had to reset my Favorites for this thread.

Fwiw; It was only this thread that had the problems.

KEYBOARD

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I came from AOSP 2.3 to Reborn

But I dont like Reborn.. its slow

soooo

For me, its choice between this and BumbleBee.

which one should I pick LOL

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
@LeslieAnn, there's something wrong with the OP's html right now. Anytime I try to click on a link to take me to the OP, be it from the forum or from within the thread, it takes me to the root of the forums. This also happens when clicking on pages in the thread that contain quotes of the OP. I am reporting this to the mods, am I the only one this is happening to, not sure if it's my PC/Browser or the html itself. I found this out while trying to post a link to the Harmonia thread for another user last nite, and it's still occuring this morning.
I've seen this forum do some weird things, I think they were having database issues.

I came from AOSP 2.3 to Reborn

But I dont like Reborn.. its slow

soooo

For me, its choice between this and BumbleBee.

which one should I pick LOL
Try both then decide.

greenmonster

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Does Harmonia or the default VM rom include the SMS routing fix? (Issue 9392 - SMS are being sent to the wrong recipient) The issue was fixed in Android 2.2.2 but the default VM rom is based on 2.2.1.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, do you think flashing the bumblebee kernel might cause problems with your Rom? I switched from picastick due to lagging issues with Netflix.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, do you think flashing the bumblebee kernel might cause problems with your Rom? I switched from picastick due to lagging issues with Netflix.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

That's the only way I use this rom, using the bb kernel, and I haven't ever had an issue due to doing that.

It's easier for me to use the bb kernel than to use pica and have to mess with scripting crap to get link2sd to work.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does Harmonia or the default VM rom include the SMS routing fix? (Issue 9392 - SMS are being sent to the wrong recipient) The issue was fixed in Android 2.2.2 but the default VM rom is based on 2.2.1.

I haven't heard of it and never had a problem with it.
Do we have a fix? Not that I know of.

LG and Virgin haven't exactly been forthcoming with patches at all.

crbirdx

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Leslie could you post or send me a link to the way you would 1. backup 2. root and 3 install your ROM there are lots of options thanks

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Leslie could you post or send me a link to the way you would 1. backup 2. root and 3 install your ROM there are lots of options thanks

Since I would like to help beat a dead horse. There is a sticky at the top of this forum section FOR all your questions. You don't even have to search. lol

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]Harmonia 1.3 (Aphrodite + Picasticks) 17June11

I do a lot of helping of people, but I will not hand hold someone through the entire process.

A. That is a ton of work, that is well covered.
B. Others have done a fine job at it and it's not my specialty.
C. The more you learn BEFORE you start, the less questions you will have later and the safer you will be.

D. Nandroid backup, Nandroid backup, Nandroid backup.

Oh, and in case you missed it: Nandroid backup.

Seriously, this would eliminate 99.999999% of bricked phones if people would just do this.

nemirn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone using Link2SD with this ROM?

Previously I was using it with an EXT3 partitioned sdcard (on AOSP).
Since installing Harmonia, Link2SD does not recognize the partition.

Should I reformat the partition? To EXT3 or a different format?

I'm stuck.

Thanks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to help someone install Harmonia on their phone without a computer. Finally got xionia recovery installed and working, but now she keeps getting errors when trying to install the ROM's zip file. She had a bad flash_image download (show 0 bytes in file manager) so she had to redownload and now it's working fine. This is the error she gets when attempting to install Harmonia from sdcard zip in xionia recovery:

installing: SDCARD:Harmonia 1.3.zip
Finding update...
Opening update...
E:cannot open /sdcard/Harmonia 1.3.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

I'm pretty sure it's due to the space in the filename, though she says she didn't rename it. I don't know if recoveries can handle spaces in filenames, or if it's another issue entirely.

And yes, I do recommend Harmonia to those uncomfortable with aospCM7, I may be a fan boy of asop, but I appreciate all the dev's hard work on ROMs for the OV.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

The downloaded file is corrupt, the space doesn't matter, but if you think so, rename it, it won't break anything. Worst case, you will have to disable signature check.

I'm sure it's a corrupt download though. It clearly see it, just can't use it.

And thanks. :)
It's not a competition though.

I've used work from others, and they have used mine. When there is an issue we often will work together. I try to recommend what I feel will work best for them or at least try and give an honest opinion of the options.

Reactions: JerryScript

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, testing now and working great so far - thanks for your work. JerryScript has a great write-up on how to edit/personalize the carrier name which worked well for me on aospcm7:

[How To] Change Your Carrier Name - Android Forums

Can you tell me if there's a comparable .xml edit in Harmonia? Thanks!

With the Froyo roms, you can edit using build.prop to get the change you want. I forget which entry, but it is one of the lines that is "Virgin Mobile" by default. If you search the forum, I'm sure it'll turn up.

Update:

Here is the line -
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal