[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Where are you located? I'm having weird signal issues also. I'm in il. Don't think it's a bugless beast issue. Maybe it's a sprint issue. I did update my tower thingy a while ago when it was released. Could be that?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what tower thingy you're referring too. I'm in Winston-Salem, NC. Generally really good signal when I'm on gingerbread.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I have never really had that problem. I would lose contact on gingerbread all the time.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It must be a bad hardware/software combo. I've switched to olCS43 for now with the matrix kernel. I've got new and different bugs to work with now, but signal isn't one of them.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
No issues at all here with signal, i'm in Southern Cali. I still have the Radio that the phone came with, D720SPRKE1

Last edited:

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not so much my signal strength is very weak, but my phone has problems switching from network to network. i.e. when i leave my apartment's wifi my phone is unable to get any sort of 3g/4g signal until i reset my phone. I've cycled through all the different radio's and done several clean installs of different builds.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I will do some testing when I get home. I'm pretty sure this is a sprint thing not an BB rom problem .What radio is everyone on or should I say Baseband?
I'm on D720SPRKL2. I think that's the newest one. I could be wrong.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Love Pete's work but cm9 says 4.0.4 and ive been running it for a week now since 03-24 build and just updated to 03-29 build. Runs so much smoother with less bugs.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Pete said on twitter he will update shortly to 4.0.4. He said maybe this weekend or early next week. Super busy with school. I run cm9 on my girlfriends epic 4G. It does run smoothly. I'll wait for Pete to update.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. Can't wait for peter to update this kernel now. I guess that wasn't released yet. So now we are running with the stock one. Not bad but I can tell the difference. Love BB.

Reactions: jhpdroid

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm noticing a color change, anyone else? Also lost the ability to overclock the processor.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Last edited:

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing a color change, anyone else? Also lost the ability to overclock the processor.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Color change? I haven't noticed. Where do you see this at?
The kernel binarys were not released when they pushed the 4.0.4 out.
So Pete said as soon as they release the binarys he will update the Kernel. Should be
this weekend or soon.

So far I will say this seems much smoother than before.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Well the color change is due to the kernel change, I seem to notice that my blacks are not as deep, and white seems to have a yellowish to it. Its not that noticeable though. But it does seems faster even under locked. I can't wait till Pete gets a hold of the kernel source and puts his tweaks on it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe