[ROM] ICS SDK Port [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Edit: And on a more productive note, I have been unable to sync my Facebook with the People app. Skype and Gmail seemed to work fine, only Facebook didn't want to work.

The nexus s has never been able to sync contacts with Facebook.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

nickflores555

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Why have the banned him ???
he is doing a great job and he even write's beezy's name by everthing on his site. i have a nexus s 3g an i am using his rom because beezy's rom isn't working on i9023

this is a nexus s 4G rom. its for fun. it is fun, well it was until i think it was page 84 or something like that. Everyone should and will express themselves, but this thread is so crowded with comments about other phones its hard get the information i'm here for.

just wanted to add that the hotspot works like a dream. i spent a day trying to install my wireless tether app, and then i realized the built-in function works better!
big thanks to beezy and everyone helping him. and batting 1000's eye for detail gave this rom the quick polish it needed, imho of course. ( unlocked girlfriends nexus s. shes been running this rom for 3 days, no issues). when bluetooth working wont have a need to flash gingerbread everagain!

Reactions: beezy

l1zart

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
this is a nexus s 4G rom. its for fun. it is fun, well it was until i think it was page 84 or something like that. Everyone should and will express themselves, but this thread is so crowded with comments about other phones its hard get the information i'm here for.

just wanted to add that the hotspot works like a dream. i spent a day trying to install my wireless tether app, and then i realized the built-in function works better!
big thanks to beezy and everyone helping him. and batting 1000's eye for detail gave this rom the quick polish it needed, imho of course. ( unlocked girlfriends nexus s. shes been running this rom for 3 days, no issues). when bluetooth working wont have a need to flash gingerbread everagain!

Hmm been reading A LOT of pages but can't find what you mean...
I created a separate thread for the 3G version, with a clear list of info, to fix the mixture-up of beta's and info. If NS3G owners asks questions, just send them to my thread. visa versa ;)

And again: Whatsapp doesn't see contacts when you install it from market. get it here:
http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Those who were interested in the mod I was attempting to remove the Quick Search bar on the top of the screen when using the stock Launcher will have to wait longer. The modification I made should work, but I think due to de compiling/re compiling issues out of my control because we don't have updated tools for ICS.

I will keep attempting to get it to flash properly but at the moment I think were in a holding pattern because of official source needed to update the dev tools to work on the XML code and re assemble the APKs properly.

As I did find out if you flash a 3rd party launcher it does remove the Quick Search bar feature that is incorporated into the included launcher..

Reactions: intheb0x

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Those who were interested in the mod I was attempting to remove the Quick Search bar on the top of the screen when using the stock Launcher will have to wait longer. The modification I made should work, but I think due to de compiling/re compiling issues out of my control because we don't have updated tools for ICS.

I will keep attempting to get it to flash properly but at the moment I think were in a holding pattern because of official source needed to update the dev tools to work on the XML code and re assemble the APKs properly.

As I did find out if you flash a 3rd party launcher it does remove the Quick Search bar feature that is incorporated into the included launcher..

Keep us posted, we are patiently waiting.
:)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G with Ice Cream Sandwich

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
When this finally gets released as official ICS (Android 4.0), it's going to blow the other OS out of the water. If Beezy's port works this good right now, I can only imagine how the official or other custom ROMs will be once ICS is released or the source is released to all the development conmmunity. I am just so glad I decided to take the challenge and flash my Nexus S 4g having never flashed a phone before and I am enjoying using it as my daily driver. Will reflash once the next beta is out, it's just that good!

Batting1000

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading this for a while. Ha anybody else uninstalled the wallet apps? I found that after i did that it lasts 24 hours pretty easily. What a great ROM. I hope Sprint doesn't do more harm than good. Thanks to all the devs spending their time and skills on this.

What ROM are *you* running? Wallet didn't come with this ROM, nor will it work because NFC isn't.

Sprint has absolutely no control over updates for the Nexus S 4G, unless it's related to fixing signal issues, etc. It's a Google phone so Google controls what comes in the updates and when they come (if they come, too).

D2dyno

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Every once in a while (For example when changing orientation), The bottom half of the background of the new Live Wallpapers (Not the moving segment) turns black or disappears. However, I am still able to see the moving segment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord