[Rom] Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3 *UPDATE* 2-23-11 Inc - EVO Hybrid

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Credit to HeyItsLou for his Amazing work.

Untitled-1.png

Redemptive rEVOlution 2.3 Maintenance Release Change Log:

• Switched to using Edify Installation Scripts (updater-script) now fully compatible with latest ClockworkMod Recovery
  • Updated all Apps to latest Market Version
  • All of my Kernel projects are now pushed to SD Card during installation and can be found in the "Redemptive" folder with a "KERNEL - READ ME" file describing features and differences between each.
  • Updated all Apps to latest Market versions
  • Removed Trillian (Out of Beta no longer a free app)
  • Updated Notification Power Controls by JsChiSurf - [PORT][MOD][Deprecated] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense based ROMs - xda-developers
  • Once again great work by JsChiSurf in updating the Notification Power Control Mod. The Controls have been coded to Auto-Refresh any time another part of the system turns a service in the Controls on or off. This ensures that the Power Controls are always in sync. I've been running this personally on the 2.2 beta and they now work flawlessly.

Power Control Mod - JsChiSurf

This mod was based off of Cyanogen Mod however since we don't have the Sense source code this entire mod was written in Smali which is amazing be sure to stop by the above thread to get more info on how to customize this mode and see others by JsChiSurf he is a super talented guy

My contribution to this mod has been porting it over to work on Redemptive rEVOlution as well as adding my own custom theme to it. I've changed the standard blue on/off indicators to white as well as implemented two XML hacks which removes the stock white background and adds transparency behind the Power Control as well as behind "Verizon Wireless" I've also trimmed down the height so it doesn't take up a ton of room in the notification window.​

Credits:
manup456 for his Htc Settings Widget
Jesus Freke for Smali and Baksmali
Brut.all for apktool
JsChiSurf - Notification Power Control Mod
_Burst_ for the use of the Dialer Button graphic and Battery graphics
Jercik for his Smooth Sense Icons and faster3200 for porting them to the EVO
cortland1998 for the custom "RR" animated sync icons
aamikam for the modded 4 in 1 Power Button Reboot
deficitism for pointing me in the right direction for some of the Rosie mods
rujelus22 for giving me a crash course in themeing
Summary:
Due to the popularity of the EVO the user base is enormous and as a result so is the development. Incorporating many Evo elements allows us to have the best of both worlds both EVO and Incredible options in the Rom.​
Features

• Rom Fully de-odexed & Zip aligned based on the newest official Incredible OTA 3.26.605.1 and the newest EVO OTA 3.70.651.1
  • Custom HeyItsLou Kernel
  • All of the themes edited/created images have been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency.
  • Framework has been optimized and compressed for optimum Ram efficiency
  • Internal storage bug when using EVO framework DOES NOT exist here internal storage mounts just Fine.
  • Working 6 bar signal icon
  • Fully functional MMS (Does not have usual EVO Port MMS bug)
  • What would be considered the standard bloat has been removed
  • Added Rom Manager, ESFIleExplorer, Wireless Tether, gscript, DSP EQ etc...
  • EVO Framework used in place of Incredible framework which means theoretically any SENSE Evo theme can be used on this Rom (Some modification required to have all of the Rom's features fully functional...see below)
  • Custom Animated transitions and Window Animations (Found in Evo forum)
  • Bash Shell Support
  • /data/app functionality
  • Custom G-Scripts including "Fix Permissions"
  • Latest Su and BusyBox
  • Much Much More....
Requirements
FULL wipe both data/cache and especially Dalvik-Cache this is Mandatory​
Installation:

• Place HBoot .92 on Root of SD Card then boot into bootloader when asked if you want to update select Yes after update when asked if you want to reboot phone select Yes.
  • Flash Redemptive rEVOlution via Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
  • All Optional Content is in the "Redemptive" folder which is pushed to your SD card during install. This folder contains various Mods that can be flashed just like a Rom using Rom Manager or by using Clockwork Mod Recovery.
Disclaimer
As with any Rom or Mod flash you are taking matters into your own hands I will not be held responsible for any bricked devices or be held responsible for the injuries you may inflict on others if this were to happen.​
Restoring Apps/Data:
This install will format your system. If you want to back up your apps with titanium fine but just do the apps not the data. This is my recommendation if you back up data and then have problems don't say I didn't warn you. Also please don't argue with me about the Rom wiping the system I'm the developer and this is the way I feel will provide the best non glitchy experience. As a result I can spend less time trouble shooting and more time working on the next release....Thanks guys for everything...Lou​
ATTENTION: Redemptive Users
A word to the wise on the topic of themes. There's themes floating around these forums still based on the leaked Froyo Rom from back in August. HTC has released multiple framework revisions since then with fixes and enhancements. It's important to know what framework the theme is based on before you flash because you could potentially be downgrading in terms of performance and stability for the sake of something a little flashier

Downloads

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am testing out this one as well , along with the custom font link and ziggys kernal from post #2 (which I already was using ziggy's from other rom too)

I also found a green battery circle for notification bar, just flashed it last night but so far so good :D

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Upstreammiami, You Da Man, Thanks So Much for being So helpful.

Now for my next problem tonight and I seem to have allot of them tonight. Just installed rr evo in setup the backup assit option is there and says tap to setup, pretty normal except that when I tap it Nothing happens, Again I need backup assit to get my contacts backs, everything else works perfect

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
try the one from the market.... if not restore ur last back up . go to your contacts hit menu save the contacts to you sd card .DELETE them all then click import from sdcard select to google .. u will have all ur contacts save to ur google account no more backassistance

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
try the one from the market.... if not restore ur last back up . go to your contacts hit menu save the contacts to you sd card .DELETE them all then click import from sdcard select to google .. u will have all ur contacts save to ur google account no more backassistance

Again much thanks, I will give it a try

firstbeat

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've searched around and am confused. Any help is appreciated.

1st: I found the "Redemptive" folder that got pushed to my SD card, but there was only one file in it: The Redemptive_rEVOlution_2.2_NoClock_Mod.

Nothing else in the folder at all. What is missing and where can I get it?

2nd: I don't know how to turn on the infamous transitions and animations that people rave about on this Rom. I did find the "Spare Parts" folder in the app draw, but only can see where to change durations etc, but there are no "Flip" animations happening on my phone.

3rd: Can I flash the Virtuous Hulu fix flash from ROM manager onto this as I cant seem to get Hulu working.

4th: I read about the Swype issues and will try to fix that. Just wanted to prove to y'all that I'm reading before asking questions.

Thanks and I do love everything about the Rom. Virtuous was great but started getting very laggy on me.

WalterSobchak

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Credit to HeyItsLou for his Amazing work.

Downloads

What is the "Backup Assistant" download for? I know the backup assistant when you go to setup everything doesnt work. Does this fix that?

Last edited:

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a backup asset that syncs with you phone and makes a backup copy of all your contacts, this way when you get a new phone or in my case flash a new Rom all you do is log back into your Verizon backup and dl all your contacts back into the phone just the way they were before you flashed

WalterSobchak

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a backup asset that syncs with you phone and makes a backup copy of all your contacts, this way when you get a new phone or in my case flash a new Rom all you do is log back into your Verizon backup and dl all your contacts back into the phone just the way they were before you flashed

I knew that I just didnt know if this was supposed to fix the issue with this rom. Thanks though.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

hitch if u back them up with google, all you need to do is enter ur Gmail in the rom setup and boom ur contacts are already there.

WalterSobchak

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I dont know how to back them up with google. ROM works great though. Would like the sync notification to spin but other than that it is golden. Flashed the circle battery indicator and the kernel in the second post

firstbeat

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Am I losing my mind? Did someone post a hulu update.zip flash that fixes Flash and installs Hulu? I tried it and it didn't work, now I'm looking for the post and I cant find it.

Can anyone PLEASE help get Hulu working on Redemptive,,,Please???