[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I've only used the AMLauncher and this is the first I'm hearing of problems with another launcher. Is this happening only after booting up, or does it happen all the time? And take a look above regarding the battery meter.

Nice find on that battery app, thanks! I can probably live with the stock notification bar but have to admit the one included with TER is slick.

As for launcher pro so far 4 out of 4 reboots seem to reproduce the LP lag. It looks like it loads fine but then when you try to do anything in the launcher you're greeted with a black screen for <5 mins. It then loads and it runs fine. I was able to get into task manager during the black screen and it was only consuming 15mb of ram so it wasn't about to blow like the other time.

I haven't been able to make it consume 60mb of ram and stop responding though so really just a minor inconvenience with the boot up lag but good thing i rarely shut my phone off :p

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
At least it only happens at boot, so that's good. I'll do some testing tomorrow and see if I can replicate the problem.

So you're using LauncherPro, not LauncherPro Plus correct? What version is it?

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
At least it only happens at boot, so that's good. I'll do some testing tomorrow and see if I can replicate the problem.

So you're using LauncherPro, not LauncherPro Plus correct? What version is it?

I'm using LP Plus actually, version 0.8.2. I've found that when it hangs at boot I can still get into task manager by holding home. If i terminate and it restarts on it's own it instantly runs fine again, strange.

r0nin ar1es

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Is this possible?

I haven't seen it in any of the ROMs yet, but I know its standard on the Galaxy S Tabs that if you Hold Back + Power and/or Hold Back + Home/Menu for the phones it'll take a screenshot. I know this can be done in Landscape with the keyboard as I've been doing it since I upgraded, I've also done it on accident in portrait mode, but haven't been able to reproduce on purpose. I think if you could figure out a one button trick to do this, it would make your ROM stand-out more than it already does.

Andronomy ? Screen Capture Samsung Galaxy S Without Any Software
(for those who didn't know)

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
BT Voice Dial

I've done a little digging on this but came up with nothing

Can I BT voice dial with this rom? If so I can't figure it out. I've been looking forward to this and thought it was in froyo....

thanks!!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen it in any of the ROMs yet, but I know its standard on the Galaxy S Tabs that if you Hold Back + Power and/or Hold Back + Home/Menu for the phones it'll take a screenshot. I know this can be done in Landscape with the keyboard as I've been doing it since I upgraded, I've also done it on accident in portrait mode, but haven't been able to reproduce on purpose. I think if you could figure out a one button trick to do this, it would make your ROM stand-out more than it already does.

Andronomy ? Screen Capture Samsung Galaxy S Without Any Software
(for those who didn't know)

I do remember a thread about that. I'll play around with it but no promises ;)

I've done a little digging on this but came up with nothing

Can I BT voice dial with this rom? If so I can't figure it out. I've been looking forward to this and thought it was in froyo....

thanks!!

I don't own a BT headset to test - can anyone else shed some light on this?

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Was actually trying to bluetooth voice dial after I installed the rom with no success either. Think i read somewhere else that other people couldn't get it to work even with stock DK28 so could be something about the build.

nekoaitsu

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
No change after flashing it. Hmmm...
If nobody else is having these issues, then I can try redownloading and reflashing the ROM when I get some time.

Actually, that's going to be sooner than I thought. I'm getting a second replacement phone in as many days because of hardware issues. Thank god for Sprint customer support.

jbizzlefosho

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I received my Epic on Jan 7th, my first android, and this is my 3rd ROM to try out. :eek:

I'm liking this ROM the best so far. It seems to have much better battery life than the others I have tried(~3%/hr when idle). Thought I would leave my feedback.

I'm using v1.2 with Mini Theme. I really like the AOSP lock screen, however when I am in landscape, the sliders are appear horizontal, but require me to swipe up or down. Looks funny, but still functions the same none the less. Not sure if it has to do with this ROM or the lock screen itself.

I really like the Galaxy Tab email client, however, it doesn't seem to be working with my hotmail account. I will get notices that I have new emails, but when I open it up, there isn't a single email in there. I have tried tinkering with my account settings and what not, but still nothing. It won't sync. Anybody else getting this? Any suggestions to fix it? I am hoping to use this as my email program if I can get it to work.

Another minor thing I noticed is when I slide my keyboard out and my phone goes to the home screen, it takes one 1, maybe 2, seconds for my icons/widgets to appear. Again, not a deal breaker, but maybe worth mentioning.

Was it just me or did the camera UI work in both landscape and portrait mode in other ROMs/stock?

I don't see any mention of this in your features, but what about turning journaling off? Could I add govenor killer? I guess, what additional features do you plan on adding in the future releases?

I do have one request though, Ragnarokx, could you make a zip to return the smiley button to work as it originally did? I'm an emoticon who%re. :)

Again, I appreciate your work on this. It is always awesome to see a mod taking an interest to hack the device his forum is based on. *high five*!

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the ringtones and alert tones that are on quantum 2.7 onto this rom? I've looked around and can't find any CWM3 friendly zips.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I received my Epic on Jan 7th, my first android, and this is my 3rd ROM to try out. :eek:

I'm liking this ROM the best so far. It seems to have much better battery life than the others I have tried(~3%/hr when idle). Thought I would leave my feedback.

I'm using v1.2 with Mini Theme. I really like the AOSP lock screen, however when I am in landscape, the sliders are appear horizontal, but require me to swipe up or down. Looks funny, but still functions the same none the less. Not sure if it has to do with this ROM or the lock screen itself.

I really like the Galaxy Tab email client, however, it doesn't seem to be working with my hotmail account. I will get notices that I have new emails, but when I open it up, there isn't a single email in there. I have tried tinkering with my account settings and what not, but still nothing. It won't sync. Anybody else getting this? Any suggestions to fix it? I am hoping to use this as my email program if I can get it to work.

Another minor thing I noticed is when I slide my keyboard out and my phone goes to the home screen, it takes one 1, maybe 2, seconds for my icons/widgets to appear. Again, not a deal breaker, but maybe worth mentioning.

Was it just me or did the camera UI work in both landscape and portrait mode in other ROMs/stock?

I don't see any mention of this in your features, but what about turning journaling off? Could I add govenor killer? I guess, what additional features do you plan on adding in the future releases?

I do have one request though, Ragnarokx, could you make a zip to return the smiley button to work as it originally did? I'm an emoticon who%re. :)

Again, I appreciate your work on this. It is always awesome to see a mod taking an interest to hack the device his forum is based on. *high five*!

The lock screen in landscape mode, that is a unfortunate bug of the design. It was designed based on people opening/unlocking their phones in portrait mode that is why the "locks" don't appear right in relationship to the way you have to slide them. This is not ROM related, its isolated to the design of the "lock screen" scripting itself. I've read about this on XDA's site for some time.

The sliding open of keyboard and the second or two delay in widgets, I've seen that in just about every ROM now. I don't believe it has anything to do with this ROM in particular.

The journaling mod. Bonsai's ROM has that mod available. I used it and although you might see a slight increase in Quadrant scores there isn't really any visual difference that you will get from it. Not to say it isn't worth it, just that your not going to see any real visual improvements over what we already have from the EXT4 and Edify scripting improvements over RFS and Amend scripting.

Hope this helps answer a few of your questions. I'm sure Ragnarokx can possibly come up with something for you emotions request.

jcibrian

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Are there any steps on how to install this ROM i am new to this forum and would like to know what the process is.
I have been able to install DK28 but its a little slow and would like to try this ROM.

jbizzlefosho

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The journaling mod. Bonsai's ROM has that mod available. I used it and although you might see a slight increase in Quadrant scores there isn't really any visual difference that you will get from it. Not to say it isn't worth it, just that your not going to see any real visual improvements over what we already have from the EXT4 and Edify scripting improvements over RFS and Amend scripting.

Thanks for the response. It's appreciated.

Would there be other benefits to turning journaling off? Better battery life perhaps?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Was actually trying to bluetooth voice dial after I installed the rom with no success either. Think i read somewhere else that other people couldn't get it to work even with stock DK28 so could be something about the build.

I believe you're correct, although I can't check as I don't have a headset.

Actually, that's going to be sooner than I thought. I'm getting a second replacement phone in as many days because of hardware issues. Thank god for Sprint customer support.

Let me know how it goes with your new phone. I'm not having either of the problems you mentioned and haven't heard anyone else mention them.

If you're having problems with the email client, the best thing to do is flash back to the stock email app (see #1 post of this thread).

The journaling-off mod should work fine if you want to apply it - here's the link. I haven't used it personally as I've heard very minor performance boosts at best, plus it slightly increases your chances of corrupting data. As for the data governor mod, I've been told by Mammon (creator of Bonzai ROM) that it basically has no real benefit, and I'm not one to argue with a true developer/coder ;)

Not sure what the next update holds - it's still in the drawing board stage.

I'll post a zip to revert your emoticon button function in a few minutes.

Does anyone know how to get the ringtones and alert tones that are on quantum 2.7 onto this rom? I've looked around and can't find any CWM3 friendly zips.

Download Quantum v2.7 and unzip it. Then navigate to "/system/media/audio", and you'll find all the ringtones there. Place what you want on your phone's SD card into either a folder named Ringtones or Notifications. Reboot your phone and they should appear as selectable.

Are there any steps on how to install this ROM i am new to this forum and would like to know what the process is.
I have been able to install DK28 but its a little slow and would like to try this ROM.

Sure thing, just follow the link from the first post of this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/epic-4g-roms-hacks/51423-epic-lag-fix-rfs-ext4-now-w-clockwork-v3-0-0-5-a.html

Thanks for the response. It's appreciated.

Would there be other benefits to turning journaling off? Better battery life perhaps?

The journaling mod is supposed to increase speed marginally, not battery.

Reactions: jbizzlefosho

jbizzlefosho

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're having problems with the email client, the best thing to do is flash back to the stock email app (see #1 post of this thread).

The journaling-off mod should work fine if you want to apply it - here's the link. I haven't used it personally as I've heard very minor performance boosts at best, plus it slightly increases your chances of corrupting data. As for the data governor mod, I've been told by Mammon (creator of Bonzai ROM) that it basically has no real benefit, and I'm not one to argue with a true developer/coder ;)

Not sure what the next update holds - it's still in the drawing board stage.

I'll post a zip to revert your emoticon button function in a few minutes.

Thanks for the feedback and adhering to my nit picky request.

I'll try reverting back to the stock email client. Too bad. :( Can anyone suggest an all-in-one email client for both my gmail and hotmail?