[ROM] TrulyEpic Rebirth v1.5 AC - no planned EB13 update :'(

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's a special version of the browser that allows Desktop/Mobile view toggling via browser settings.

Flash this zip in Clockwork to revert to the stock DK28 browser.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
My work email doesn't like the galaxy tab email app (even though I like--stupid work). Any tips on how to change back--the stock froyo app that has been on the other roms have worked fine for me. Thanks.

What problems where you seeing? I'm getting error connecting even though it worked last night after I flashed this rom

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What problems where you seeing? I'm getting error connecting even though it worked last night after I flashed this rom

I've been told some people have problems with exchange settings, causing errors. You can always flash the stock email in the 1st post if problems persist.

first ROM (well 1.1 actually was) and i love it. thanks keep up the good work!

Thanks very much :D

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Finally had the urge to root and planning to install this on my epic, thanks! Question, does this have sprint hotspot or can u install just that app from sprint apps?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Finally had the urge to root and planning to install this on my epic, thanks! Question, does this have sprint hotspot or can u install just that app from sprint apps?

Actually in Froyo the Sprint Hotspot is build into the system, so it will be waiting for you when you install this ROM :)

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed the stock froyo email from the link in the first post 2 times and it keeps force closing.

I downloaded it again and flashed 2 times each with the same outcome.. the process com.android.email has stopped unexpectedly and force closes.

any ideas?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>All (at the top)>email app (don't know the exact name as I uninstalled it)>Clear data and Clear cache

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Ah thanks, I went ahead and just installed the rom (awesome btw) and found the hotspot there xD

On a side note, can anyone recommend a circle battery mod with actual percentage?

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ah thanks, I went ahead and just installed the rom (awesome btw) and found the hotspot there xD

On a side note, can anyone recommend a circle battery mod with actual percentage?

There are some here, but they are not compatible with ClockworkMod3. Tell me which one you want and I'll make a flashable zip that works with the latest Clockwork.

Holy Crap.

My epic now has a quadrant benchmark of 1594. Also, the ROM runs smooth. Great job!

Thank you! :D

nekoaitsu

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so the only issues that I have found so far are:
1. Wi-Fi doesn't connect. It cycles through Scanning-Connecting-Disconnected repeatedly (I am trying to connect to a hidden SSID, but that shouldn't matter)
2. Cannot set custom ringtones to Sounds (causes a crash)

No complaints though, just trying to be helpful with bugs. I'm not really worried about either.

Keep up the good work, this is my favorite ROM so far.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep this is an awesome rom, kudos to ragnarokx. The only issue i've had is launcherpro will take an extremely long time to load after bootup and sometimes goes on the brink of crashing where it consumes 60mb of ram when normally it's around 18. If i terminate it it reloads fine again lol. Still an awesome rom though and can't wait for a battery meter with percentage.

mredamon

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's a special version of the browser that allows Desktop/Mobile view toggling via browser settings.

Flash this zip in Clockwork to revert to the stock DK28 browser.

You rock, Ragna. Thanks a lot. I'm a little OCD so this bothered me more than it should have lol. This ROM is great by the way. Can't wait for froyo custom kernels so I can ditch juicedefender.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

bjwest

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When I'm in clockworks (orange text) nothing works - Everything command I run it says "unknown volume..." "can't mount..." "can't open"...

EDIT: I failed to follow the cardinal rule ALWAYS FOLLOW IMPORTANT NOTES!!! jebus... it even told me I cant use ROM Manager to reboot into CW3....

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man, wow kind of hard to choose. For circle based I think number 5 looks nice and simple.

Looks like there is a really cool app that will let you pick your own battery mod and install it! It has the battery meter #5 on there, I just flashed it and it works great. The only catch is it will change your notification bar back to stock (grayish fading color). If you don't care about the notification bar flash away. If you do, I'll work on making some battery mods with a black notification bar, but this takes some work (feel free to grab that batter meter in the meantime if you like, since you can always reflash the Mini Theme to change back).

ragnarokx you did an awesome job with the reboot of this rom i love it :D
keep up the good work :p

I thought the BIOS boot up was a nice touch, glad you like it :D

Alright, so the only issues that I have found so far are:
1. Wi-Fi doesn't connect. It cycles through Scanning-Connecting-Disconnected repeatedly (I am trying to connect to a hidden SSID, but that shouldn't matter)
2. Cannot set custom ringtones to Sounds (causes a crash)

No complaints though, just trying to be helpful with bugs. I'm not really worried about either.

Keep up the good work, this is my favorite ROM so far.

I'm going to post a couple zips for you to flash and see if we can resolve those problems. Should be up later tonight, or tomorrow at the latest.

Yep this is an awesome rom, kudos to ragnarokx. The only issue i've had is launcherpro will take an extremely long time to load after bootup and sometimes goes on the brink of crashing where it consumes 60mb of ram when normally it's around 18. If i terminate it it reloads fine again lol. Still an awesome rom though and can't wait for a battery meter with percentage.

Honestly I've only used the AMLauncher and this is the first I'm hearing of problems with another launcher. Is this happening only after booting up, or does it happen all the time? And take a look above regarding the battery meter.

You rock, Ragna. Thanks a lot. I'm a little OCD so this bothered me more than it should have lol. This ROM is great by the way. Can't wait for froyo custom kernels so I can ditch juicedefender.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

No problem, weird things bug me too so you're not alone. Thanks for the compliment, and I can't wait for custom kernels either!

When I'm in clockworks (orange text) nothing works - Everything command I run it says "unknown volume..." "can't mount..." "can't open"...

EDIT: I failed to follow the cardinal rule ALWAYS FOLLOW IMPORTANT NOTES!!! jebus... it even told me I cant use ROM Manager to reboot into CW3....

So are you ok, got it figured out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201