root access with ES File Explorer?

bfollowell

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Will someone please help me get root access with ES File Explorer?

I was looking for a good file explorer utility with a root explorer feature. I already had ES File Explorer installed and saw that it supposedly has a root explorer feature. Well, I've searched all through it and I must be missing something because I can't find any way to explore anything on my NT except for the sd card.

I've went into the settings, down to the Root settings and checked Root Explorer and Mount File System but this hasn't seemed to help. I see no way to "get to" the root directory. If I try using the up arrow to move up a level in the directory tree, I can't get up any further than the sd card. It just say press again to close.

What am I missing?

Thanks to anyone that may be able to help get to where I want to be.

- Byron

bfollowell

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I've had it working for a couple of weeks now. I guess I should've posted a reply sooner so that it was known that I'd gotten it squared away.

- Byron

snosamie6

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not rooted but I've been playing around in Es. In the system/etc/ folder there is one called bluetooth. Any way to play around with those .conf files? I obviously don't know the first thing about it, but I know folks were using the hidden bluetooth on their nook colors with cm7 or the like.

Bindu Ramesh

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I am using this app on my nexus 4 mobile and whenever I am trying to use Root Explorer it give error saying "This feature can not run on your phone"?
Is there any workaround or some other app supporting this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais