Root Droid Bionic on Jelly Bean for dummies. In plain as plain english gets

Nuwan

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Before doing anything after you root the phone you have to update the su binary. Once su is updated you can grant su permissions to other apps like titanium backup.

Posted via the Android Central App

nakedk23

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Having major issues here. can not get su binary to update.click on super user,go to out dated version,click on it to update and it doesn't do anything,any suggestions on what to try next?

Nuwan

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that's strange. I mean they ended support for Droid bionic and I still have my old bionic that I play around with once in a while and it's really slow that's it. Now you're rooted correct? Use a root checker app from play store and make sure you have root. After confirming root, if I were you I'd do a full factory reset. That'll get you a fresh rooted bionic. After reset the first thing to do is go to play store and update the su binary. Then everything should be smooth from there

nakedk23

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
You have been a great help so far now I have a file that needs j2me to open so i downloaded Java j2me runner but it keeps shutting down and won't open it, any ideas. I also have a tar.tar file I want to open but not sure what I need for that.

Nuwan

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry been away for a while but i don't know too much about j2me. It's also called jave me....micro something. tar files are just compressed files. You can use something like 7zip(free) to unpack it.

drake765620

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I cant get my phone to connect, every time i try to it says the information i have entered is incorrect. This is exactly how i put it in.
Host IP address
192.168.xx.xxx (The IP of my laptop)
Domain name
WORKGROUP
Shared folder name
User name
Password
(The password i set)
but will connect tried ridiculous amount with no luck both phone and computer on my wireless network but both have 2 different ip

Nuwan

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant get my phone to connect, every time i try to it says the information i have entered is incorrect. This is exactly how i put it in.
Host IP address
192.168.xx.xxx (The IP of my laptop)
Domain name
WORKGROUP
Shared folder name
User name
Password
(The password i set)
but will connect tried ridiculous amount with no luck both phone and computer on my wireless network but both have 2 different ip

There are easier methods to root the Droid Bionic now. One click tools like King Root and several others. Google search for the tools and download a couple and run them on pc to root your phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak