Rooted and Deodexed Gingerbread

TVCMI

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I will stay with Liberty until more GB ROM/Theme choices appear. I flashed the deodexer on GB last weekend and got serious bootloops (yes I waited 5 min. and did factory resets) that wouldn't go away. Lead to a series of retrys that lead to having to SBF 4 times before giving up.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
To flash a sbf this is what you need to do this way is with phone off this is another way with phone on but I couldnt find it I just copied and pasted the info below : :)

How to Get Your Droid X Into the Bootloader
The ?Bootloader? is THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY FLASH AN .SBF FILE ONTO YOUR PHONE FROM.

?Power down phone completely (battery pull, Power Button ?> Power off, etc.)
?Hold down Camera Button and Volume Down Button (lower right button and upper right button, respectively).
?Hold the power button down until the bootloader pops up (you may need to let go of the power button and then tap it again to get it to show up).

link I read it from :
Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I believe you now have to hold both volume keys, not volume down and camera.
New Full SBF for Droid X - 2.3.340

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I will stay with Liberty until more GB ROM/Theme choices appear. I flashed the deodexer on GB last weekend and got serious bootloops (yes I waited 5 min. and did factory resets) that wouldn't go away. Lead to a series of retrys that lead to having to SBF 4 times before giving up.

I had the same problem. I believe there is a problem with the deodexing zip. For some it works fine, for others it causes a need for SBF.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok ran the .sbf and RSD failed saying "Failed Flashing process(twice) Unable to retrieve intialization values from IINI file(0x7029); phone connected. Im not moving til I hear further instruction,lol

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
what version of rsd are you using ?

4.5.3 Multi-Flash/Multi-flex tool. If this helps, when I select the .sbf file, and before I hit start the first message under Status is Chipset type 43 not supported. Then I hit start and thats when it fails to the above message

Last edited:

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
4.5.3 Multi-Flash/Multi-flex tool. If this helps, when I select the .sbf file, and before I hit start the first message under Status is Chipset type 43 not supported. Then I hit start and thats when it fails to the above message

See if you can find 4.9, that's the one I have. Works pretty good.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Would you believe 4.9 worked and it went thru 100 percent and rebooted, and boot looped!! So I battery pulled, waited a few mins and restarted and the M logo was silver, not red. And it is still bootlooping! I swear to whatever I cant say here what else is left to do? This is insane

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Would you believe 4.9 worked and it went thru 100 percent and rebooted, and boot looped!! So I battery pulled, waited a few mins and restarted and the M logo was silver, not red. And it is still bootlooping! I swear to whatever I cant say here what else is left to do? This is insane

I'd pull the the battery , power up to be in stock recovery clear cache , factory data reset , reboot and see what happens

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It's alive!!! It's Alive!!!!! Sweet Jesus on a Popsicle stick its alive!
I found out the problem, when I was getting the boot loop after RSD hit 100%, its not complete. I had to battery pull, wipe date/cache, then plug it back in usb, and stock recovery reboot and BOOSH the whole Verizon Wireless programming thing made a call, and activated. Now its at the setup screen. So I assume I am back to stock blur 2.2 un-rooted, but I dont care, IT'S ALIVE!!! You all get my thanks, seriously. I have learned alot since August last year and this is another step. I will go back thru and click thank you to all of you that walked me thru this and post that this case is C L O S E D !

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's alive!!! It's Alive!!!!! Sweet Jesus on a Popsicle stick its alive!
I found out the problem, when I was getting the boot loop after RSD hit 100%, its not complete. I had to battery pull, wipe date/cache, then plug it back in usb, and stock recovery reboot and BOOSH the whole Verizon Wireless programming thing made a call, and activated. Now its at the setup screen. So I assume I am back to stock blur 2.2 un-rooted, but I dont care, IT'S ALIVE!!! You all get my thanks, seriously. I have learned alot since August last year and this is another step. I will go back thru and click thank you to all of you that walked me thru this and post that this case is C L O S E D !

Lol.

Good to hear you're up and running again. You're ordeal sounded a lot like mine the first time I had to sbf. ;)

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Odd I still have some rooted apps in my drawer but it isnt rooted. Like over clock, bootstrap, ROM Manager, Superuser, and my Circle battery Widget. So even after SBF it still syncs your account to what you had somewhat. Man I love learning!

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

The logo was supposed to go back to white. You only got the red M logo when you installed the Gingerbread build.

RSD can be finicky, so sometimes you just have to play with it.

Always, do a factory reset after completing an SBF flash. I got bootloops after my SBF flash, but once I did the factory reset, it booted fine.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Odd I still have some rooted apps in my drawer but it isnt rooted. Like over clock, bootstrap, ROM Manager, Superuser, and my Circle battery Widget. So even after SBF it still syncs your account to what you had somewhat. Man I love learning!

You probably had the phone set to back up data with Google. If you set your phone to back up app data with Google, once you re-assign that phone to your Gmail address, it will re-install all (sometimes most) of the apps you had previously installed. This is why you have the rooted apps back even though you haven't rooted.

You can install root access apps even without root. They just won't be able to do their thing.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup I hear ya on all those points. I went thru the drawer and most of the ones I had were there, even the root ones. So far, its been a hectic evening all I've done is root again and sitting here thinking reallllllllllly hard about what I want to do next. Currently on my SD I have the current files of dxgbrooted, dxgbrooteddeodexed, the new RubixBlurryBread, annd I still miss Liberty 1.5, especially with the news of 2.0 coming which Id gladly donate for. Plus RAW starts in an hour,lol

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup I hear ya on all those points. I went thru the drawer and most of the ones I had were there, even the root ones. So far, its been a hectic evening all I've done is root again and sitting here thinking reallllllllllly hard about what I want to do next. Currently on my SD I have the current files of dxgbrooted, dxgbrooteddeodexed, the new RubixBlurryBread, annd I still miss Liberty 1.5, especially with the news of 2.0 coming which Id gladly donate for. Plus RAW starts in an hour,lol

I'm running 1.5 again after my Gingerbread/SBF route. I still love it. Liberty 2.0 is out (in a beta-ish state) and you can donate to get it. Once all the bugs are out, they'll make it available for free. To get Liberty 2.0 you need to be running 1.5. Once running 1.5, snag the paid version of Liberty ToolBox. You can install 2.0 from there. You must wipe before installing 2.0, even when coming from Liberty 1.5.

Here's the thread.

Liberty ROM - v. 2.0 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Question: How can I tell whether or not I'm on the deodexed version of rooted GB? I downloaded and installed right around the time jrummy was updating the OP.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582