Rooted and Deodexed Gingerbread

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
P3Droid put up a deodex patch that you are to flash over the rooted gingerbread rom.

I did this, but have run into problems. First boot was long but normal. Once in the OS, nothing but repeated FC's, particularly Voice Search. Phone was inoperable.

I booted into OEM recovery and wiped data/reset multiple times.

Now it will go through a long boot and at the end of the boot, it begins a repeated bootloop cycle.

Anyone seen this and if so, what was the fix. I'm guessing it's time to grab RSD and the SBF while and start from scratch.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried re-flashing the Gingerbread rooted zip, in OE recovery, and signature verification failed. Same when I tried to reflash the deodex zip.

Still bootlooping on reboots.

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I kept getting a continuous bootloop also. The way I fixed it was to pull the battery and leave it out for several minutes. Put it back in, entered recovery, wiped a few times, then I was good to go.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Never use factory recovery on deodexed ROMs. I am running it fine. The factory recovery is great on the non rooted/rooted non deodexed GB.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
P3Droid put up a deodex patch that you are to flash over the rooted gingerbread rom.

I did this, but have run into problems. First boot was long but normal. Once in the OS, nothing but repeated FC's, particularly Voice Search. Phone was inoperable.

I booted into OEM recovery and wiped data/reset multiple times.

Now it will go through a long boot and at the end of the boot, it begins a repeated bootloop cycle.

Anyone seen this and if so, what was the fix. I'm guessing it's time to grab RSD and the SBF while and start from scratch.

I have found a deodex patch at droidmodderx post here: REMOVED LINK, is this the same file you are speaking of?

Never mind found ir at http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...roid-x-2-3-3-gingerbread-deodexed-rooted.html....

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I used RSD 4.8 last night on my Windows XP machine. The SBF pushed fine, and I got bootloops yet again. Factory reset, then I was finally able to boot into the OS.

I'm still at a loss as to why the deodexing patch caused such great problems. I really want Gingerbread with a Gingerbread theme, but I'm a little leary now. Maybe I'll just restore my Liberty backup and sit tight with that until they come out with a GBread ROM.

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I installed this patch with only one boot loop.Everything is working fine except one thing : my LED notification light. It wont work with handcent or bat monx. It only turns on when the battery is low.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
damn...well Im gona try a different download of a dxgbrooteddeodexed.zip and see if it gets the E:bad signature file thing too. On day 3 of no phone.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ok well im currently downloading the full sbf. Now since I cannot get my pc to read my phone(cuz of the bootloop) can I jsut put the sbf on my card and use stock recovery to flash it? I hear RSD lite is needed but so is a phone that your pc can read. And ofc I forgot my microsd to sd adapter at home. gota go buy another one

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
To flash a sbf this is what you need to do this way is with phone off this is another way with phone on but I couldnt find it I just copied and pasted the info below : :)

How to Get Your Droid X Into the Bootloader
The “Bootloader” is THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY FLASH AN .SBF FILE ONTO YOUR PHONE FROM.

•Power down phone completely (battery pull, Power Button –> Power off, etc.)
•Hold down Camera Button and Volume Down Button (lower right button and upper right button, respectively).
•Hold the power button down until the bootloader pops up (you may need to let go of the power button and then tap it again to get it to show up).

link I read it from :
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...e-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html#post1025361

Reactions: jerseyboy357

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell