Rooting Your Optimus Elite The Easy Way

rockman73

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks - Does it matter when I root the Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite: before or after the required Essentials with Mobile ID firmware update?

Sharronj Johnson

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am truly ticked off. all I want to do is save my google apps to the sd card which has 32 gb available, because the frigging phone only provides 1.25 gb. However I get no input as to where the apps are saved. Is my only alternative to root? I am not that familiar with linux, but because my first computer was a 386 I know DOS so I am not afraid to do stuff and prompts do not scare me, I have just not done this stuff for years.. It is stupid that I have to delete apps or stop them because there is no room, I am sensing a conspiracy. If they are only going to allow you the internal storage for apps why don't they just give you enough!

ThisIsMyShine

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

So I have this problem:
in superuser when I click to update....everything loads and updates well, however one thing seems to keep happening. "copying su to /system_ fail!" happens each time. I have downloaded busybox and superuser fixer, but to no absolute avail.

And I tried this:
try uninstalling original superuser and then redownloading from market. ill ask around and see what the cause is.
But that sadly didn't seem to correct it.

So then I tried this:
I turned on usb debugging and then it went though. Give it a try and see if it helps.
..and that didn't seem to make a difference either.

Update::

I messed around with this a bit more today and got it to work.

SuperUser needed to be Updated, apparently, the app itself. Though after I updated the app, I did have to put the phone into debug mode before running it - but then it all worked like a charm.

Not sure why there was no prompt that the app needed updating last night. Ah well, at least it's working now! ^^

Last edited:

ThisIsMyShine

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sharronji,

Have you tried accessing your apps via the Settings Menu? If you go into "Manage Apps" and click on the individual apps in there, most of them allow you the option to move them onto your sdcard. There are some, however, that do not.

hackerjunk

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the two APK's and put them on my SD. I ran the Ministro APK and it says it installed. When I go to my apps, it is not there. If i go into Manage Apps, I do see it. Yes, i've tried looking at every app in the All Apps section and tried sorting as i know sometimes it does not order correctly. Any thoughts on how to run Ministro when i can't even click on it? thanks!

After looking around, I think I do not actually run Ministro (I saw on one youtube video he quickly says something like, "you won't see Ministro, but you will see Poot."

...so I ran Poot.
It asked me to download the QT libraries.
Clicked "press here to Poot"

It says "Done pooting" at the bottom.
Click "Get Superuser"
(It goes out to Google Play.)
Install Superuser
Open Superuser

Last edited:

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You did it right ministro isn't a stand alone app it requires poot in order to run

Sent from my LG-LS970 using AC Forums mobile app

Adam Marshall3

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

Jon Brown

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Why are the two links dead? Though maybe was becauss I didn't register but still no luck. Have 3 androids collecting dust since I can't unlock em or root them and I try.any linux based tools out there,never seen anything but windows tools and got no access or knowledge of win. Thx

Jon Brown

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Amazing hos great the n2a guys made everything, every peice on rooting I zee gets more and more pathetic not to mention all the tools and instructions are for windoz... wtf is that. What useless time u waste with these pathetic hacks

Angel Oquendo

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
First off this method was created by giantpune of android forums and I take no credit. This method is listed as beta for the time being but as far as I can tell it works fine. Ive used it on my optimus elite without issue as have many other elite owners. But for the sake of saying so,what you do with your device is up to you. If you brick it not following the guide (with this method I do not see how you could..but anything is possible), you are responsible.

Prerequisites : New elite owners should update their device with the LG update before rooting. This will prevent the need to re-root after update. Users who have rooted with any other root method who have returned to stock root using the jcase root method should update using the LG update to prevent the need to reroot after update. Otherwise anyone using any other root method including jcase method,does not need to root using this method. YOU ARE ALREADY ROOTED. Why use this?? :)

Step 1 : Download Ministro II.apk provided below and install it. Let it update and get what it needs.

Step 2 : Download poot.apk listed below and start it. Click "press here to poot"..it happens almost instantaneously. Probably wont notice much except the log output.

Step 3 : Click "get superuser". This will open google play store to download superuser. If play store doesnt load it correctly,stalls,or just goes to default play store home screen,type superuser in search prompt and it will provide the superuser download page. Install superuser,open it and move to the info tab click tap for updates and let it update,depending on your connection you may get a fail. Dont worry try it again. Superuser should update the binary for su and you are pretty much done. You can download root check if you like from play store to verify. Or you can use the poot built-in root check. screen shot is provided below to show you the output for a successful root. After root enjoy and if you meet giantpune on android forums or here. thank this individual for providing this extremely simple root method. Trust me,using the other root methods vs this is a task. So a thank you would be deserved.

shamiso17

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

chowyungfatso

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
This has got to be the easiest rooting experience I've ever had! I've done a GTablet, a few Motorola's and an HTC. Hands down, this was the easier, though the phone has been the least powerful, but I'm just going to use it as a fancy remote...

Thanks.

dtap086

May 4, 2015
Visit site